cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost sim card

Kerrie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

l took my card out when l went to Mexico and lost it, l am on a monthly plan and would like to keep my old phone number but if l buy a new SIM card l need the old one to transfer my number.

can anyone help me?

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kerrie 

In the future, I would suggest you put the PM SIM in a ziplock bag in your suitcase or leave it in the ziplock at home.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Kerrie One more note, please buy the sim card from Telus or Koodo store.   

Do not buy from PM online as it could take as many as 3 weeks for delivery

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kerrie @You can do a sim swap in self serve , best to do it on a computer and not cell phone , also if you have trouble logging in be sure to try incognito/ private mode as there are cache issues 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Kerrie 

Just go into self serve. 

In there, your can change the SIM card from your old to the new one. 

If you have 2FA set to send SMS, have a support agent assist. 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.