cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Service provider

skj1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am waiting for the text message to give my consent to change the service provider as I want to leave the Public service provider. 
My new service provider has been requested 03 times from you since 30 Dec 2022.
Why are you not allowing me to leave your service? It is a violation of human rights.

There is no way to contact any person from your side. 

I am suffering seriously without having a phone connection because of your careless customer service.
I am waiting for an immediate solution. 

15 REPLIES 15

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Many providers do not actually require a txt confirmation

I ported 2 numbers last year neither did

You should be calling chatr port management though

They would then contact public on your behalf

Chatr needs to manage this.

It shouldn't be on you to do their legwork. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@skj1 @We are just customers like you trying to help please , reach out to support bottom of page in my first post or @softech provided one too for you …good luck and hope you get it dealt with quickly 

skj1

Yes, everything has been provided correctly, and the Chatr has requested 03 times to you since 30 Dec 2022 

@skj1 

Did you specifically request that Chatr port your number from Public Mobile?

Provide them with your Public Mobile account number from the self serve Profile tab and ask them to request porting your number from here.

Then reply YES to the text from PM 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@skj1 @ then you want to reach out to support and get this resolved and watch your community envelope top of page to the right between bell and avatar 

skj1

Changed to Chatr

skj1

Nothing to wonder I am receiving text messages from Public mobile as well except the one I wanted

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@skj1 @Number maybe lost then , unless did you change to Koodo /Telus 

@skj1 wrote:

Yes, I kept Public SIM for over two weeks in activate mode.  But I did not get any Text messages at all. 

it is not activated by today itself since my paid period is over.

@skj1   were you ever able to get text from friends? Just wonder if you have problem receiving text in general

and which provider you are moving to?

Anyway, open ticket with PM support as advised above.  Important thing is to check your Community inbox for agent's reply 

skj1

Yes, I kept Public SIM for over two weeks in activate mode.  But I did not get any Text messages at all. 

it is not activated by today itself since my paid period is over.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@skj1 

if you still have trouble with porting out your number, please open ticket with PM support using this direct link

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please . This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@skj1 

Did you keep the public mobile SIM card in the device to await the text?

Also, your public mobile account needs to be active. 

skj1

I did not receive any text messages up to now. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@skj1 @Did you miss the 90 min window to reply YES to confirmation text ? Or just not get the text at all ?

to get support 

Getting help from agent

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get                       

Or get help right here in the community

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Need Help? Let's chat.