cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost service after message

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi I have a question about losing my calling today. So I see from another thread that there was an outage and data being turned off by the operator was a text message sent out which I got but that's not really my problem is that I lost calling service I can't call out and I'm not receiving calls any help with this is it related? I can still text I can use my data I'm using a Google pixel 3 and I'm located in Vancouver.

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carlaspapa 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

2. try to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

3. and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

4.can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for android visit Here link ,

5. and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

@carlaspapa wrote:

@JK8 

I will try this later after work but I'll have to get all my Wi-Fi passwords again so I don't want to try it now I have to leave for work.

Do this before you do the network reset to see if it will work. These are the easiest to try first.

1. Restart your phone to see if it will work.

If not then:

2. Try what @darlicious recommended above and then restart your phone.

If not then:

3. Reset network settings and restart your phone.

Let us know what happens.

carlaspapa

@JK8 

I will try this later after work but I'll have to get all my Wi-Fi passwords again so I don't want to try it now I have to leave for work.

carlaspapa

@computergeek541 

You're right it was a message from my phone.

@carlaspapa wrote:

Hi I have a question about losing my calling today. So I see from another thread that there was an outage and data being turned off by the operator was a text message sent out which I got but that's not really my problem is that I lost calling service I can't call out and I'm not receiving calls any help with this is it related? I can still text I can use my data I'm using a Google pixel 3 and I'm located in Vancouver.

To my knowledge, Public Mobile did not send out a text message to any customers about this outage.  From what I've seen from earlier, the messages where simply the phone's software reporting a problem with the data connection.

@carlaspapa 

If your in Vancouver you shouldn't have an issue with 3G signal or service. Can you piput your phone in 3G only? Go to settings>>mobile network>>preferred network type>>3G and see if your services work or not.

@carlaspapa 

Try this. You will have to re-enter your wifi passwords too.

4E8CB083-4F92-4DCA-97EA-13522F885D03.jpeg

carlaspapa

@JK8

How do I do that I'm not very good with technology?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@carlaspapa wrote:

Try resetting your network settings and then reboot your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.