cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone, Help me SWAP to NEW SIM Card ,

ayishailampirai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know my accounts details on Public mobile portal. but I am unable to completes login bz SMS or Email authentication required, Also I am unable to access my email bz two step verification ON , required code on my phone. its on Loop.

I have new sim card and i know my old sim number , please help swap to new sim number.

12 REPLIES 12

ayishailampirai

Issue got resolved by CS Agent, thanks for your guidance.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hTideGnow wrote:

Good point @Camera4617   , but sadly not many site allows 2FA apps as an option

and to add, make sure email account has 2FA and use app for 2FA.  Using phone to receive 2FA code for email is the worst, once hacker got your email, they can get into a lot more after

@hTideGnow  That might have been case few years ago, but now mostly they do (if they have 2FA anyway).. The only site that I know, that does not accept something else than SMS for 2FA is Government of Canada but even there you can actually use phone line to call you to authenticate so you could use your home phone or something else. Most of them have eMail as an option, and majority of eMails have support for using TOTP with 2FA apps. So, if you protect your email properly, then you can protect most of others too. 

Good point @Camera4617   , but sadly not many site allows 2FA apps as an option

and to add, make sure email account has 2FA and use app for 2FA.  Using phone to receive 2FA code for email is the worst, once hacker got your email, they can get into a lot more after

HI @ayishailampirai  are you back to your My Account yet?

For sim card change, please remember to login My Account using desktop/laptop computer only.  Doing so with Mobile phone or tablet won't work due to some website glitches

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Not sure what email you use, but in this case it would help if you did not use SMS as 2FA and that's one that you should never use (your case is one of the examples). You should use some other way of 2FA for email, like some 2FA app (many in either apple or google store). Ideally, stay away from phone as 2FA for any account you can. 

ayishailampirai

ayishailampirai_0-1677887622964.png

FYI

@ayishailampirai  absolutely just keep an eye on the envelope icon top of page for there reply .. and your on your way 

ayishailampirai

@Handy1  Thank You for your quick help. I just sent a private message to CS Agent (hope they are from Public mobile or Telus) and waiting for them to grant access to my account, rest I can do SIM SWAP

@ayishailampirai  They will be able to help you regain access to your account and help with the sim swap also … if you were not having trouble signing in the sim swap could be done on your on also as @Yummy  has showed you in there  post … but since you need them to get back into account just as easy to have them help you with it all at this point 

ayishailampirai

sent a private message to CSA

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Yummy_0-1677885926068.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ayishailampirai  Get support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.