cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my number during porting in

Leonwls
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

dear madam / sir

I had a Public Mobile phone number XXXX1317 for years. Also I had a Fongo simcard with number xxxx7710。

Days ago, I decided to port in the 7710 to Public Mobile. After collecting all the information needed from Fongo and studied the steps of porting in here, I filled the form from the link of "change phone numbers". The result page showed I succeeded and the number did change to 7710 in the my Public Mobile webpage. 

Then I called 7710 after several hours to have a test and found 7710 still was in Fongo. I thought the porting in was failed then tried changing to a new number from Public Mobile and selected xxx3339. Then my old 1317 changed to 3339 successfully.

Today I found my fongo number 7710 and account was disabled and got to know the number was ported out while the 3339 still works. I tried to portin 7710 again in public web but it said the number could not be transferred. So please tell me is the 7710 already in public mobile or not and what should I do to get back may 7710 number?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

You can also use the cnac.ca page to help trace numbers origins if it was from a while ago

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Leonwls   porting take couple business days.  but in your case, look like Fongo has sent the number to Public already , or the number is on route.  I guess what you did with picking a new number might have screw up the process.  Contact PM Support and see what they say and if they can still get the number onto your PM Account

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

for your fongo number 7710?  was it originally from Fongo or it was ported into Fongo?  If PM has lost the number because you have chosen a new number, the number would have gone back to the original provider.  If you got that number new from Fongo, there is a chance you can get it back from Fongo (since it is a smaller company) if you open an account with them but you have to talk to Fongo on that  However, if your number was ported into Fongo , you have to trace back which provider own the number and work with them, chance could be slim if it is big provider like Rogers or Bell.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

VOIP / Landline can take hours to port (24hr is not unheard of)

What seems to have happened is port was initiated (left Fongo) and then you got nervous and changed number at Public before port completed

There is a good chance your ported number has snapped back to original carrier (whoever it was with before Fongo)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Leonwls 

Open a ticket with fongo to see if you can retrieve your phone number from them. Fongo being a voip is treated like a landline and can take up to 2 weeks to port in. Generally though you can expect it to be several days....regular M - F business days for the port to complete. As a result when you changed phone numbers mid port that caused the fongo port to be either "stuck" or cancelled altogether.

With the port approved and phone number released to pm fongo cancelled your account. Changing phone numbers resulted in pm releasing the fongo number back to the original provider. If that was fongo then you have a chance of retrieving it. If it was another provider it's very unlikely that you will get it back. You may be able to get the original pm number back by contacting customer support if that is your desire.

Here is the fongo porting out info again for reference....

Contact customer support to make your port request from fongo. Supply the CSA with the following info from your fongo account....

PLEASE NOTE: Upon completion of the number transfer your Fongo account will be terminated, any remaining calling credits, SMS credit and VoIP unlock keys will be forfeited.  Remaining credit from this account will not be transferable to future accounts,

Please contact your new carrier to process the request on your behalf. You will need to provide your new carrier with the following information:

1. Customer Name and Address – Obtaining your customer name and address from your Fongo account:
    1. Log into www.fongo.com or www.freephoneline.ca (depending on your service)
    2. Click “Settings”
    3. The name and address used for your Fongo account will be displayed
  2. The Fongo Phone Number you wish to port
  3. Re-seller Name: Fongo 
  4. Service Type: Landline (All VoIP service phone numbers are considered a landline)

* All the fields above are mandatory for the number transfer process to be successful. If all information is filled in correctly, your number will be transferred on the date requested by your new carrier.

Additional info from fongo if needed....

https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212437466-Transfer-my-Fongo-number-to-another-carrier

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Leonwls  - we are all customers/members like you here, and have no access to your account.

If the 7710 number account is closed, and the port failed over to Public Mobile (and you want that number), see if you can reactivate the number with Fongo. Contact their support to inquire.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Leonwls wrote:

dear madam / sir

I had a Public Mobile phone number XXXX1317 for years. Also I had a Fongo simcard with number xxxx7710。

Days ago, I decided to port in the 7710 to Public Mobile. After collecting all the information needed from Fongo and studied the steps of porting in here, I filled the form from the link of "change phone numbers". The result page showed I succeeded and the number did change to 7710 in the my Public Mobile webpage. 

Then I called 7710 after several hours to have a test and found 7710 still was in Fongo. I thought the porting in was failed then tried changing to a new number from Public Mobile and selected xxx3339. Then my old 1317 changed to 3339 successfully.

Today I found my fongo number 7710 and account was disabled and got to know the number was ported out while the 3339 still works. I tried to portin 7710 again in public web but it said the number could not be transferred. So please tell me is the 7710 already in public mobile or not and what should I do to get back may 7710 number?

Thanks

Please stop changing phone numbers. This makes it harder to fix.  Do you sitll want the Fongo number?  It takes few days to transfer from Fongo.  Go to https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and ask a CSA for help and to find out if the number changes voided the number port,

Need Help? Let's chat.