cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my Public Mobile phone number

RKSp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Signed up with Public a few months ago and never used service. Now I can’t find my PM phone number to access my account.

5 REPLIES 5

@BKNS27 wrote:

@RKSp 

You should retain your number if you kept up with your monthly payment even if you didn’t use the service. If you disable AutoPay for longer than 90 days. Your account will be closed, SIM will stop working and you lost your number.

BTW, you can only access your account with your registered email address and password and not your number.

You can call 1-855-4PUBLIC from another phone to check the status of your number/account.

Disabling autopay isn't what causes an account to close.  The account also doesn't close after 90 days of autopay being disabledl, but rather the account closes after 90 days of the account being in suspension.  An account can have autopay disabled indefinitely as long as the customer actually make manual payments to keep the account open.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RKSp 

You should retain your number if you kept up with your monthly payment even if you didn’t use the service. If you disable AutoPay for longer than 90 days. Your account will be closed, SIM will stop working and you lost your number.

BTW, you can only access your account with your registered email address and password and not your number.

You can call 1-855-4PUBLIC from another phone to check the status of your number/account.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RKSp are you trying to receive a 6 digit verification code? if so, look for a link that says "Didn't get code", if you select it you should be able to request resending by email

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @RKSp 

do you have the sim card? Put the sim card in a phone and make a call, the call display will show your number on the receiver end.  But in fact, the phone's About page or Dialer setup will show your phone number already

And to login My Account, you need the email address, not the phone number.  You can check all your mailbox to see which one got the Welcome email from PM and start from there

But if you really cannot find anything, then please message PM support agent here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you never used the service for a few months? and if you don't know much, it's hard to ask PM for help, they need to validate.  But you can still try to message them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.