cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WiFi calling ????

bktuba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I thought Public Mobile was the perfect alternative to the big companies with a great CAN-USA text-talk-data plan for a great price however it looks like they do not offer wifi calling.  No point in a plan with them if this feature is not available.  Looks like I will go elsewhere unless Public Mobile can provide this important service....now.  Anyone know if they can add this on somehow, otherwise goodbye Public... 😞

5 REPLIES 5

@Andy85 wrote:

Hi @bktuba,

PM currently doesn't offer Wifi calling. That said, if you have a good plan and don't want to give it up simply for the Wifi calling feature, there are other options on the market that are free of charge. 

There is a new service that is being offered to Canadians provided by Fongo. It allows you to get a free Canadian number and offers you free Wifi calling services. You can download the app and sign up in case you are simply looking for Wifi Calling.

Using Fongo in addition to Public Mobile doesn't provide the customer with Wi-Fi calling.  Fongo is a VoIP service.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @bktuba,

PM currently doesn't offer Wifi calling. That said, if you have a good plan and don't want to give it up simply for the Wifi calling feature, there are other options on the market that are free of charge. 

There is a new service that is being offered to Canadians provided by Fongo. It allows you to get a free Canadian number and offers you free Wifi calling services. You can download the app and sign up in case you are simply looking for Wifi Calling.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bktuba , do you really need WiFi calling now or is it a matter of FOMO because other competitors already offer it?  I sense that it is not a matter of if but when.  I am sure nobody anticipated 5G rollout for this service but you can kind of read the tea leave and wonder why not considering the 5G network has been built.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bktuba 

Unfortunately, no wifi calling with PM yet but maybe in the future. Who knows.

It is offered in 1st and 2nd tier carriers. 
None of the 3rd tier offer wifi calling.

@bktuba wrote:

I thought Public Mobile was the perfect alternative to the big companies with a great CAN-USA text-talk-data plan for a great price however it looks like they do not offer wifi calling.  No point in a plan with them if this feature is not available.  Looks like I will go elsewhere unless Public Mobile can provide this important service....now.  Anyone know if they can add this on somehow, otherwise goodbye Public... 😞

Sorry, but there are is no option to add Wi-Fi calling. Public Mobile does not offer this service.

Need Help? Let's chat.