cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SIM, can't login to account, keep getting billed

Shanksu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will try to be as short as possible.

Got my mom and dad visiting us two sim cards. After they left, I tried logging on to public mobile profile to stop automatic debit but I cant login because both the profiles are asking for a code but I don't have the sim anymore. My parents are very old, they don't know how to change sim in their phones.

The auto debit will keep taking money, what can I do now?

I tried getting on support chat but everytime I try logging in those specific profiles, it keeps asking me for code which I don't think I will ever get. How can I close both these debits to these connections I don't need anymore.

Any help is appreciated, thanks !!

8 REPLIES 8

Lajules_Mtl

Hello all,

I am in a similar situation as @Shanksu, except I am in Europe and am not using my PM number. I switched to the cheapest option of 15$ before I left Canada, and made sure to stop the automatic debit, and I entered the platform in late 2023 to make a manual payment in order to not lose my number. But since January, PM had been charging me automatically on my credit card every single month. At the same moment, I cannot acces my account in any way, turns out my passwords are not working any more, I reset the password, but it didn't solve the problem. I tried to contact CS repeatedly over the last 3 months, to no avail, my bank account is debited each month and I cannto do a thing about it ! I tried the solution suggested by @dust2dust now and called the 1855 number (rom Spain, it is gonna cost me an arm and a leg !!) but I was asked to provide a 4-digit PIN number to be able to de-activate the automatic debit. I don't remember ever having used a PIN number for Public Mobile !! So once again, impossible to stop these darn debits. It has been 4 months now, and I am at a loss. Very disappointed with Public Mobile... I don't know what to do any more. The plateform considers me as a new customer, and I am not able to access my account, but at the same time, they are charging me every month... What shall I do ? I requested a ticket, once again. I think it must be my 5th time, but as I am in Europe, the time difference does not help. I need a more reactive response from PM !!

Shanksu

This was what I needed. Clicked resend code and it gave me an option to send the code to email.

Unsubbed from one account, have to do the other one later tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help @dust2dust @Handy1 @hairbag1 

There is no credit here. They don't even verify your actual real identity.

Do you know the 4 digit account pin? You can dial 1-855-4pu-blic and enter the phone number and turn off the autopay function.

You can also click resend code and see if the email option shows. Assuming you completed the new system setup.

@Shanksu  Fingers crossed 🙂

Shanksu

Thank you Handy1, I have messaged them. Fingers crossed.

Shanksu

Yes I did think of this, what if they send for collections ? I dont want my credit score to get dinged because of this 15 dollars lol 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Shanksu 

if they won't be using PM any longer, contact credit card issuer to stop payment to those 2 accounts.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shanksu  Pleases message support and ask them to remove the credit card on file for the account 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<
Need Help? Let's chat.