cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SIM Card

Ikran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I recently just lost my SIM card and was just wondering if I get a new one, will I still be able to get back my old number? And is it free? 

11 REPLIES 11

Ikran

Ok thanks very much 😁

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Ikran Hi you are on a prepaid plan so the clock keeps ticking on your 30 day cycle so yes you are paying for your data now whether you have a sim in your phone or not

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ikran    You'll get access to everything in your account/plan once you replace the SIM card as long as it's active.

@Ikran yes, you will keep the same plan and same data on your account.

Just get a new sim card from Telus or Koodo store.  Then login to My Account and click Change Sim card and enter the new sim card number to tie your new sim old with your current account.  No worry, Easy task, many have done that before.  

Ikran

Hello again, after finding out that I can still have the same number after buying a new SIM Card I was also wondering if I will have to pay for my data because I was already charged like 2 days ago for my data, But lost my SIM today. Will I still have my data that I paid for when I get my new SIM card with my old number? 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ikran   BTW, if you've also lost your phone with the SIM card in it, then you should log into your account and put it into suspension mode (Lost/Stolen/Quick Links) until you've replaced the SIM card.  Of course, you'll need to Resume service before being able to change the SIM card once you have the new SIM card.

Ikran

Ok thanks you guys for the help! 😊

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ikran    Yes, you can purchase a new SIM from the PM website, official Koodo/Telus outlets or Amazon.  The PM website consistently take many days to deliver, so the other options might be quicker.  Once you have the replacement SIM, then log into your account (clear browser cache/cookies and use incognito mode) and select the Change SIM option under Quick Links on the right hand side of page.  You'll need to verify the account either before logging in or once you're changing the SIM card.

If

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Ikran 

you number it's will be in your account as is,

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

The new SIM card is not free.  $10 for new one.  Either order one online (PM website - expect 1-3 week wait), Amazon and maybe try a Telus/Koodo store vendor.  

Then you can change your SIM card in your self service account.  Do not activate new account.  Just change SIM card number.  Until you get your new SIM card, you can report your phone lost/stolen.  j

Here is some more info:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Ikran Hi yes you can keep your number you just change it in your account ,no they are not freethey are 10 dollars you can get one at a telus or koodo store 

Need Help? Let's chat.