cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Cell Service in areas where service is strong

GlenChico
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why am I suddenly losing total Public Mobile coverage? This seems to have started after I logged into my account and looked at the different plans. I never chose a new plan, just looked. I either have to turn my phone off and on or take the SIM card out and put it back in. This is very frustrating to say the least and I really hope Public Mobile are not trying to force me into buying a new SIM card or changing my plan. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been a Public Mobile customer for a few years. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

GlenChico

Thanks, I just did a network reset and it seems to be working, for now at least. I will take your advice if I have the same issue tomorrow morning. 

GlenChico

I have done both and one or the other will work but only for a short time. I just turned my phone off/on and got a SIM card error.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@GlenChico wrote:

Why am I suddenly losing total Public Mobile coverage? This seems to have started after I logged into my account and looked at the different plans. I never chose a new plan, just looked. I either have to turn my phone off and on or take the SIM card out and put it back in. This is very frustrating to say the least and I really hope Public Mobile are not trying to force me into buying a new SIM card or changing my plan. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been a Public Mobile customer for a few years. 

Thanks

HI @GlenChico 

you said "either have to turn my phone off and on or take the SIM card out and put it back in. ", so, have you done it? Usually a reboot would be enough.  Or you can Reset all networks and it will fix the problem

And you don't need a new sim card, usually sim card is not the problem. 

if that does not help, ask PM support agent for help , please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.