cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance charges calling from US?

andmalc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry if this is a brain dead question:

I'm in the US with Unlimited Roaming Talk on my plan.  Are there long distances charges if I call back into Canada or otherwise outside my calling area within the US ? 

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@andmalc wrote:

"calling anywhere in the country your in and calling your home country" - I'll bet that's the actual definition of what you can do.  Unlimited US roaming calling couldn't mean you could go to the US and call France.

@andmalc that's right.  While in the USA, you can call US numbers and Canadian numbers.  You can receive calls that originated anywhere in the world.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

andmalc

"calling anywhere in the country your in and calling your home country" - I'll bet that's the actual definition of what you can do.  Unlimited US roaming calling couldn't mean you could go to the US and call France.

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It should be #2.  I mean the last I heard, roaming typically includes calling anywhere in the country your in and calling your home country.

You should be able to make calls anywhere to the US and Canada.  But really..  if it works, it works, you won’t be billed anything as long as it works.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@andmalc wrote:

I have the Roaming Add On: "US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)"

The reason I'm asking is this could be either:

1) Unlimited local calling, e.g. if I'm in New York I can call nearby numbers but it's long distance to call Washington. 

or 

2) No extra charges to call anywhere in the US or Canada.

I suppose it is #2 if this is a strictly pre-paid plan as people here are saying.

Yes # 2!!

andmalc

I have the Roaming Add On: "US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)"

The reason I'm asking is this could be either:

1) Unlimited local calling, e.g. if I'm in New York I can call nearby numbers but it's long distance to call Washington. 

or 

2) No extra charges to call anywhere in the US or Canada.

I suppose it is #2 if this is a strictly pre-paid plan as people here are saying.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@andmalc wrote:

I'm in the US with Unlimited Roaming Talk on my plan.  Are there long distances charges if I call back into Canada or otherwise outside my calling area within the US ? 

Just try it if the call goes through you're good and you won't get charged because PM is strictly a prepaid service.

If the call doesn't work and you have data just use Goggle Duo to make a call anywhere in North America for free.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@andmalc wrote:

Just to clarify, do you have Canada US calling or have you purchased the US Roaming Addon?  If you have Canada US calling that is only for calls originating in Canada.  To make any calls while in the US you need the US Roaming addon.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good question, not sure. Others can hopefully advise, but you could use an app like Fongo -- free calls to all of Canada regardless of where you are, and can be used over data or WiFi. Only thing is you'd get a new number separate from the one tied to your PM account. Just passing that along as a possible workaround but I'm sure others will respond.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@andmalc wrote:

@andmalc  There are no chargers for anything ever. It's pre paid. If you didn't pay for it, you don't get it. If somehow you get it and didn't pay for it then shhhh

Need Help? Let's chat.