cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance add-ons vs air time

TP626
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I am on one of the basic plans (e.g. $15 for 100 minutes) and purchase an $8 US/CAN long distance for 200 minutes add-on, does this now give me up to 300 minutes of air time (i.e. once we use up the 100 minutes, does it start eating into our US/CAN LD plan minutes?

8 REPLIES 8

@Jb456 wrote:

No.

It would just be 60 minutes deducted from your 200 add on minutes since it was a USA call.

@TP626 wrote:

So, if I make a 60 minute LD call to the US while I'm still on my 100 minutes of included air time, does the 60 minutes get used from both the 100 minutes AND the 200 add-on minutes? That doesn't seem right but I think that it is a valid interpretation, based on the description and the responses I've seen so far.

@TP626 If you make a lot of calls to the US then best to purchase the 500 minute Canada Wide talk addon for $5. That way your 200 minute will be used primarily for US calls because if you run out of minutes the calls within Canada will use the 500 minute bucket.

Fefetim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes after your 100 it will start using the 200 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

No.

It would just be 60 minutes deducted from your 200 add on minutes since it was a USA call.

@TP626 wrote:

So, if I make a 60 minute LD call to the US while I'm still on my 100 minutes of included air time, does the 60 minutes get used from both the 100 minutes AND the 200 add-on minutes? That doesn't seem right but I think that it is a valid interpretation, based on the description and the responses I've seen so far.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@TP626  no it will just come out of the 200

TP626
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

100 plan minutes first then add on 200 min kick in.

However if you do call USA while your 100 plan Canada minutes is still being used then it would deduct that time from your 200 plan minutes add-on.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@TP626 wrote:

If I am on one of the basic plans (e.g. $15 for 100 minutes) and purchase an $8 US/CAN long distance for 200 minutes add-on, does this now give me up to 300 minutes of air time (i.e. once we use up the 100 minutes, does it start eating into our US/CAN LD plan minutes?

Exactly. Plus, the add-on remains active until completely used even if that is several months. I have an active add-on that is more than a year old.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@TP626   yes after you use the 100 monthly minutes then you go in the 200 add on.  Next month you'll have the 100 monthly minutes again and whatever you didn't use out of the 200 minute add on. So the add on keeps going every month until you use it all up! 

Need Help? Let's chat.