cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Add On?

immokalee_1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

since a few days we receive the automated message that we can‘t complete the call since we don’t have a Long Distance Add on, although we only call local (Ontario) numbers. Our plan includes provincial wide calls. 

Any idea what the issue could be?

10 REPLIES 10

immokalee_1

I sent a private message yesterday to mod team

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

@CS_Agent

Sorry to be that person, but... Have you read the posts before responding?

This note has the timestamp of 10-01-2018 09:47 AM, that's 8 hours ago.

@immokalee_1 wrote:

Thanks, everything else works.

i also sent a direct message to the moderator_team but haven’t heard anything yet.

The community has tried to trouble shoot in the meantime but it looks like waiting for a solution (via PM) from you / your collegues is needed.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@immokalee_1 wrote:

No, we are in the Greater Toronto Area. 

@immokalee_1 okay, it was a long shot.  This is a common issue for people with province-wide talk plans that are physically near a border (such as Ottawa/Hull/Gatineau area).  Sometimes their phone will pick up signal of a tower on the other side of the border, at which point long distance add-on minutes would be required to make calls back into their own province.  But it doesn't sound like it would apply to you.

Unfortunately, you'll have to sit tight until the moderator team gets back to you.  😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Is it all numbers you’re calling, or only a certain few?  I’ve seen newish numbers become available, and Public Mobile hasn’t had them setup in the province wide configuration.

immokalee_1

No, we are in the Greater Toronto Area. 

srlawren

@immokalee_1 do you happen to be close to the Quebec or Manitoba provincial borders, by chance?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

immokalee_1

Thanks, everything else works.

i also sent a direct message to the moderator_team but haven’t heard anything yet. 

mimmo

@immokalee_1 everything else works? I think someone else has a similar issue and you will need mods to look into it.

As a stopgap you can get a fongo VoIP number to use with data to make calls

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try dialling 1 before area code. Are you very close to Quebec border ?  Sometimes tjhat poses problems.

Need Help? Let's chat.