cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London Drugs - Park Royal, West Vancouver

szymon247
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello! I'm a newcomer to the community and just yesterday moved my phone number from Chatr to Public Mobile at London Drugs in West Vancouver.

There is one person who knows the process (all other employees said they were not trained), so I had to wait for about 10 minutes for the person to become available, but the process went very smoothly from then on, and the employee was knowledgeable and aware of the currently on-going 40$/4.5GB promo. The only discouragement was asking if I am sure if I want to go with Public Mobile as there is no customer service, as opposed to any other brands. He also suggested I take a temporary number before moving it by myself, which is exactly what I did later in the evening without any issues. Hours later I also received the 20$ bonus.

The only issue that I encountered was that he could not add the referral number to the system (apparently the system said it is not a correct number), suggesting I contact support to add it later, which I already did, currently awaiting their response. That also goes for the infamous autopay/adding card issue, which I encountered with all of my cards, unfortunately. I really wish there was a way to add autopay with Paypal or bank withdrawals!

There was another customer in line, so I could not test if everything works on the spot, but I did test it at home, and everything, including network APNs were already set-up. So.. all in all, the activation process required some of my input, but everything went through. The in-store activation had some minor issues, but the employee tried to help as much as he could.

3 REPLIES 3

@szymon247 wrote:

@will13amThank you! I am actually getting a hang of it, going through the forums to see all potential issues that I might encounter and solutions for when they appear. 

In general, I prefer doing things by myself as much as I can, so Public Mobile was appealing to me that way. With my previous carrier, I didn't really need the customer service pretty much at all and if I did, it was because I couldn't do something on their web portal. While the web portal here still is missing a bit of functionality and surely some improvements would go a long way towards seeing less complaints around these forums, I think things will turn out all fine. I also like the community aspect and the amount of information available around here!

I have been here for a while now and I can tell you that there is continuous improvement going on in spite of the fact that there remains a lot of work to do.  Such is the nature of the beast for ongoing programs.  When I found out about this service model, I immediately gravitated to it.  This is the 21st century, what business doesn't leverage the internet?  What is wrong with the internet being the only means of interaction.  People are totally comfortable with shopping on Amazon, so why not buy cell service from a store that doesn't have a store. 

szymon247
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@will13amThank you! I am actually getting a hang of it, going through the forums to see all potential issues that I might encounter and solutions for when they appear. 

In general, I prefer doing things by myself as much as I can, so Public Mobile was appealing to me that way. With my previous carrier, I didn't really need the customer service pretty much at all and if I did, it was because I couldn't do something on their web portal. While the web portal here still is missing a bit of functionality and surely some improvements would go a long way towards seeing less complaints around these forums, I think things will turn out all fine. I also like the community aspect and the amount of information available around here!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@szymon247, welcome to Public Mobile.  In spite of a lack of a call center, you will find the service works quite well.  Many customers have adapted to the community support model.  Once all set up, this service is very low maintenance.  I am sure you won't miss not being able to call for support.  I responded to your concerns of adding a credit card for payment in your other thread.

Need Help? Let's chat.