cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open a new account

Freijo8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All, 

I am a public mobile client. My father is visiting me and he will be staying in Vancouver for a month. I thought it would be convenient to get a prepaid public mobile SIM card for him. 

I got my public mobile SIM card three years ago in a London Drugs store. Any recommendations on how to get a SIM card for my father now? Can I do it in advance before he arrives?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

Elena

6 REPLIES 6

@Freijo8 wrote:

Hi NDesai, thank you so much! I didn't know I could get a SIM card online! do you know if I can use my referral if i buy it online? Thank you!

During activation, you will be asked to enter your referral code. You can login to your rewards or self-serve account to get your referral code. 

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Freijo8   make sure you remember to disable Autopay when your father leaves Canada.  Autopay is enabled by default now

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Freijo8 

do get email from PM about refer a friend will be starting from August 15th, until last day Sept. 2nd.

for just one customer you will getting for both each $25 credit is $5  for each 5 months 

then other friend #2 bring, you will getting credit $1.

also free 2GB data
enter your email and the same email you will be activated
in here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/

get SIM card from any store Telus or Koodo,  then activate (publicmobile.ca)

Freijo8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi NDesai, thank you so much! I didn't know I could get a SIM card online! do you know if I can use my referral if i buy it online? Thank you!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You need to be sure it's a corporate store. Lots of retailers have Telus and Koodo signage all over the place. They aren't corporate stores. You might get some grief or a blank stare from a Telus store so see if you can find a Koodo store.

Use the find a store link at the bottom of this page.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Freijo8 You can buy PM SIM card from Telus/Koodo stores or online from Public Mobile online shop or Amazon. You can then Activate the new sim card with a new number. It should only take a few mins to activate. Insert the sim card in a compatible phone, and your father can start using it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.