cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bostrosky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed my elderly Dad up again, his old phone number had expired. When logging in it wants to send verification text to his old phone number. Thx

12 REPLIES 12

I believe the flip phone has Volte as well.

bostrosky

Dust2Dust supplied me with a fix. He suggested the following:

So you're able to log in. Go to the Manage Eversafe ID page and you can update things.

thx again, your all great.

bostrosky

https://www.londondrugs.com/maxwest-neo-flip-4g-lte-mobile-phone---silver--neo-flip-si/L2245923.html

I couldn’t change ring tone, argh. I may have missed it? Not as many feature as older flip phones, though works great. Of course, more plastic in it, shocker. It’s a 4G phone.

bostrosky

He stopped his renewal and plan expired. He did not port number, he stopped using his old iPhone. He just got a new flip phone. Finds it easier. He’s 88.

@bostrosky wrote:

Thx for the reply. I actually did set the account up on a smart phone, made sure it worked then put the sim in his flip phone. 

That's great. Quick question. I assume placing the SIM into his flip phone worked? If so, what flip phone is he using? I ask because I've been testing several "dumbphones" and am always adding flip phones to the list that work with Public Mobile. 

bostrosky

Thx for the reply. I actually did set the account up on a smart phone, made sure it worked then put the sim in his flip phone. 

bostrosky

He stopped his renewal and plan expired. He did not port number, he stopped using his old iPhone. He just got a new flip phone. Finds it easier. He’s 88.

@bostrosky wrote:

It’s been a year, we have been using the email option. Still shows his old phone number as text option. He has a flip phone and wouldn’t know how to text on it so email option is good. I logged into his account via website and App and didn’t see his old number anywhere. Note: we couldn’t use the sim associated with his old phone number, lucky I had a spare sim. 

Basically you'd need to set up his account on a smartphone, then once set up, just transfer the SIM to his phone. Should work just fine as I swap my SIM from my iPhone to my flip phone often. If you log into the account online, you can remove the number however since it's not there, I wonder if the system is recognizing his old email address? Then make the email point of contact with the code.

bostrosky

It’s been a year, we have been using the email option. Still shows his old phone number as text option. He has a flip phone and wouldn’t know how to text on it so email option is good. I logged into his account via website and App and didn’t see his old number anywhere. Note: we couldn’t use the sim associated with his old phone number, lucky I had a spare sim. 

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bostrosky 

How did your dad’s old number get expired?

you mentioned yesterday that your dad has just signed in

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Data-usage/m-p/1245729/highlight/true#M86...

Did your father port number from another provider? 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@bostrosky 

if his old number is deactivated ...he needs a new sim to start a new acct now. Download the PM app on his phone to get an esim or order hard sim.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @bostrosky 

If it's been less than 89 days, his number is still available. If it's been over, it won't send to his old number, it would send to a new number set up.

There should be an option to send the code to the email you've set him up with.

If you're still having issues, you can create a ticket for help.

To submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html 

Type Customer Service and follow the prompts. If you are having any issues, here is a direct link by sending a private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.