cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of account, contact PM

empyr3al
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings,

My initial plan is about to expire and I signed up for the fall promo before the end of the period which should take affect on my account.  The problem is that I changed the original one from my fathers email to my email just before hand.  Then my father signed up his phone under his email.  He has been able to request a new password but it was a mess because it asked for my security question.  Now I cannot even request a new password for self serve as it says I'm locked out, please contact.  Please a mod contact me so i can share the details required to get back into my account.  Both accounts use the same credit card if that is a problem.

6 REPLIES 6

empyr3al

Unfortunately because of this I cannot send an email to tech support as my information doesn't match.  I even tried my fathers.

Well fortunately it's just the one account. You will just have to wait it out.

You changed the account user name, BUT THAT DOES not change the "official" account email address. Strange but true, because it happened to me. The cure is a request to tech support, and/ or moderators, to reset the account email to match your new user name.

When your father activated using ever...bos, his account email and his account password became ever... bos. BUT now you have two accounts with the SAME account email! 

Anyway, that's what I think has happened.

It will eventually be straightened out.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

empyr3al

Curiously now I can enter my security question and am waiting on an email.  Not sure how long it takes.  Hoping I can see if the fall promo was applied as the forums have implied.  After so much alteration to the account i'm a little worried.

empyr3al

First we had Wind mobile and the reception sucked.  So we tried public mobile on my phone but registered it under ever...bos@gmail.com.  Chose the 1 month plan to see if public mobile had good reception; it did.  This was during the fall promotion.  So I logged into ever....bos@gmail.com and changed the account the mi...bos@gmail.com.  Set my security question.

My father then registered as ever...bos@gmail.com and chose the fall promo package.  All fine and dandy for a while.

I logged into my account and changed the plan to the fall promo (according the forums i had read it would be enabled at my next billing cycle which is starting soon).  All good.  Then I forgot my password and tried to recover it, it worked to enter mi...bos@gmail.com and asked me the security question.  I never received my reset email.  So I asked my father if he had received one.  Nope.  So I tried a number of different passwords entirely.  

Then I asked my father to reset his password out of curiosity and it asked for MY security question though he had assigned another to his new ever...bos@gmail.com.  He has managed to reset his password now.  But it leaves mine in the lurch.

I am unable to even get to the security question now because it says my account is locked.  That is the scenario.  Hoping i still get the fall promo i assigned during my one month trial that the forums said was possible.  So I've been trying to log in to see what is going on and cannot.

Hope I get a responce soon and can still get the fall promo tagged I had changed.

Thank @Luddite for your information and maybe the mod can help me.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Same credit card is not a problem. Just to be clear you have two accounts:

- one with father's email address,

- one with your email address?

When you made the plan change you were logged into which email address?

Whatever the case, you should also use contact us to request an account reset for the problem account(s).

Also, account resets are time sensitive so it would be best to turn on email notification in private messages

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You need to contact mods by sending them a private message.

I am tagging @Shazia_K here for your help.

Good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.