cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking My Account and Community/Community Rewards

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PART I

A while back I couldn't get into my community account so I used an alternate email. But I need to link them because I'm not getting my community rewards. And I think I lost the ones I had in my original community account (old email). The email address that I have in community, referred to as new, is the one I prefer to use and would like to change that information in my account. But I'm having trouble editing that information in my profile in my account. Attached below are two screenshots showing the problem.

After clicking Edit Account Info there's no place to edit some of the information particularly the email address. 

* The second screenshot was a long screenshot and blurry so I will redo it and add to a new post. This is the second time Ive tried and lost what I've already written here, so I will redo the second screenshot and post it separately.

I've never received Community rewards. I probably only received two or three but it all counts and I would like to have those. Should I contact customer service about the rewards because I'd like someone to check the old one and the new one and see if we can get it all together somehow. But my first concern is linking the accounts. As always I appreciate much the help I get here in the community. Thx.

Terri

13 REPLIES 13

@Nezgar wrote:

@messenabout  For the community rewards to automatically credit to your account in the form of points or dollars, the e-mail address associated with your self-serve/my account login, must match exactly the e-mail address you use to login to this community site. It's easy to change the e-mail address in the community site, but you must open a ticket with the CS Agents to change the e-mail address associated with the self-serve/my account portal. The email addresses must also use the exact same CASE (uppercase/lowercase) - I found this out as well, as the person who activated my account in store entered everything with caps lock, and only after that was changed did I start receiving community rewards automatically.

Good luck!

@messenabout , have you received a response back yet from the support ticket you created asking to have your email address changed on your “My Account “ to match your “Community Account “ email address?

Sorry, it’s been so much trouble! Many of us have complained about not being allowed to do this ourselves!

messenabout

@computergeek541 

Removed all those pictures from my gallery. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I think there should be an option whether those go into your gallery or not.

(I guess it would be too easy, therefore out of character for PM, to have included a 'select all' button there. 😏)

messenabout

@computergeek541 

Oh! I didn't even know there was one. You should have the choice whether to put them in there or not. Oh boy.

messenabout

@Nezgar 

Thank you for your very clearly explained response. It should say something like that when you go to edit that information because it shows that it's editable (is that a word? Lol). Perhaps an asterisk or something in red.

I also wonder why there is no link back to my selfserve account from the community. So I can get back there by clicking the public logo at the top but then I have to re-sign in etc. (Why does it have a little box to check that you want to remain signed in if it doesn't keep you sign in?)

I don't know who makes up these things but they don't follow through on any of it.

One good thing is I don't have to go Incognito anymore but I still have to refrain from pressing the sign in button. Lolololol

@messenabout wrote:

@computergeek541 

I hadn't read your message before I posted the second screenshot so I went and deleted that from my post. So now it's an empty post because I can't figure out how to delete the entire post. I don't know what makes things so difficult.

Unfortunately, that's not enough. All the pictures are still there.  Please go into the My Profile area of your Community account and then into your My Phoitos section to delete the pictures.

messenabout

@softech 

Also, the reason I created a new community account in the first place was I could not gain access to my old one. I was instructed to create the new community account so I did but that's the one I want to retain. Thanks.

messenabout

@computergeek541 

I hadn't read your message before I posted the second screenshot so I went and deleted that from my post. So now it's an empty post because I can't figure out how to delete the entire post. I don't know what makes things so difficult.

@messenabout wrote:

I believe I've and my rewards more in my new community account. I want to change my profile to have my new community email address. It frustrates me how everything is just so cumbersome around here. I also want to remove my alternate phone number but it's not letting me do that either!

Commuinity rewards can be thought of a thank you from Public Mobile for helping to solve the problems and answer the questions asked by other customers.  To get the e-mail address for the Community and the e-mail addresss of the Self Serve account to match, you can change it for either, although the Self Serve e-mail address would require a CSA to perform that change.

More importantly, please IMMEDIATElY go into your Community photo gallery and delete pretty much all of the uploaded images. There are multiple copies of screenshot that include personal information such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and account number.  It is extremely important that you remove all of these from your Community account.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@messenabout  For the community rewards to automatically credit to your account in the form of points or dollars, the e-mail address associated with your self-serve/my account login, must match exactly the e-mail address you use to login to this community site. It's easy to change the e-mail address in the community site, but you must open a ticket with the CS Agents to change the e-mail address associated with the self-serve/my account portal. The email addresses must also use the exact same CASE (uppercase/lowercase) - I found this out as well, as the person who activated my account in store entered everything with caps lock, and only after that was changed did I start receiving community rewards automatically.

Good luck!

messenabout

@softech 

I believe I have rewards in both community accounts. I want to retain my new community account because I've had it longer than the original one and I have lots of activity in it. I want my profile to reflect the same email address as my new community account. But as shown in the screenshots that now aren't there, it's impossible to do because there's no spot to change it! 

I want to change my profile to have my new community email address. It frustrates me how everything is just so cumbersome around here. I also want to remove my alternate phone number but it's not letting me do that either!

messenabout

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@messenabout

First, please remove the screenshot, we are just customers here and do not need to know the exact email address

you old Community account still has the email address you want .  Did you try using forgot username link ?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/authentication/forgotpasswordpage?dest_url=https:%2F%...

if that does not help, please open ticket with support to try to get access back to the old Community account so you can earn rewards with that

@messenabout 

I have removed the picture because it contains all your account information. Please don't show that information here.  Although I removed it from the abvove post, you will still need to removed this from your photo gallery.  This is extemely important.

Need Help? Let's chat.