cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming add on

Teena3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Roaming does not work. When I place a call it says I need the Roaming add on and I have it.

18 REPLIES 18

Teena3

I have opened a ticket . 

@Teena3   then I guess you will need to open ticket with support again  to get this resolved

Teena3

I do have the unlimited Canada wide plan.

@Teena3 wrote:

I'm trying to call Saskatoon from Nova Scotia . I got a credit for the add on but it still does not work. 

@Teena3 

Most plans include Canada-Wide calling but PM has offered the Provincial wide callings for a very brief period of time.  I am not sure if you have the Provincial wide calling plan.

Can you login to My Account again using Incognito mode and confirm your plan details from the Plan & add-ons  page? 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-plan-add-on

See if you see Unlimited Canada wide Calling or 100 minutes Canada-Wide Talk

if you see that, then there is something wrong with the system and you will need to open ticket with support again

However, if you see Provincial wide calling instead, you might want to make a plan change on next renewal to a Canada-Wide Calling plan.  The price should be the same.  But remember to use Change plan on renewal date to schedule a plan change

Let us know what you find

Teena3

Yes

Teena3

I'm trying to call Saskatoon from Nova Scotia . I got a credit for the add on but it still does not work. 

@Teena3 long distance, where you trying to call??

Teena3

I did get a refund thanks . I'm still not able to call long distance. 

@Teena3 , I’ve had the same issues before & no amount of troubleshooting would fix it for me (does work for some people)! The only way I was able to use my service again was to submit a support ticket & have a CSA fix it on their end! It wasn’t anything I did wrong! Please use @softech a suggestion & submit a support ticket.

Also, don’t forget to ask for a refund to be credited back to your account funds for the US Roaming add-on that you do not need & purchased by mistake as per @esjliv suggestion!

Please let us know how it goes.

Edit: For some Customers it is just one person that they are not able to call or text & discovered it is due to that person did not have an active account at the moment! So, it gave that odd error message! Either way it is an odd glitch that started happening recently to some of us Customers!

@Teena3 wrote:

I am in Nova Scotia and trying to call Saskatoon.  When I call it says it can go through I need Roaming. My texts are not going either . 

For texts maybe try restarting your phone, or reset the device's network settings.

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

We are customers like here and have no access to your account.

If issues persist, please submit a ticket to customer support to get this sorted out @Teena3 

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Or see softech's post above to see ways to submit a ticket to an agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Roaming-add-on/m-p/983233/highlight/true#...

@Teena3 can you call other number?

did you login My Account and confirmed account status?  please remember to login My Account using Incognito mode to avoid cache issie

Teena3

I am in Nova Scotia and trying to call Saskatoon.  When I call it says it can go through I need Roaming. My texts are not going either . 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Teena3 wrote:

My Roaming does not work. When I place a call it says I need the Roaming add on and I have it.

@Teena3  - did you purchase a Roaming Addon ?  If so, ask customer support to credit you the addon back to your account when you communicate with an agent. As mentioned, you should not be receiving this message if you are in Canada; so this is a Public Mobile issue, not your fault. 

@Teena3 wrote:

No I am in Canada.

There's no such thing as roaming for Public Mobile customes while in Canada, so it's not a matter of your roaming not working.  The message that you're hearing is erroneous.  The glitch that softech has mentioend is something that I've encountered myself. Fortunatley, it's a very easy fix for the CSA.

@Teena3 this is a common glitch lately.  

But it could also be due to your account suspended from non payment.  Please login My Account using Incognito mode to confirm the account status first

If it shows active, then it is something only support can fix.  Please  open ticket with support

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account) using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Contact agent ", then click "Contact Us", then click "Other", click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗""
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Teena3

No I am in Canada.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Teena3 wrote:

Login your account to make sure you do have US roaming add on in your account.

Manually connect to T Mobile if your phone can't automatically connect to T Mobile.

Turn on VoLTE or LTE if your phone supports VoLTE.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Teena3 

I presume you’re in the US right now? If so, try manually connecting to the T mobile network under your devices network connections.

For calling, you may need to force your device to 2G as the 3G services have been decommissioned in the US.

Need Help? Let's chat.