cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line activation

Precious2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I would like to activate my line. I wish to also retain my current cell number which is currently on Rogers

10 REPLIES 10

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GPhil wrote:

Also,  if you have a PrePaid phone number you will be unable to transfer your number without the help of a Moderator. If this is the case just send a msg to a Moderator and let him/her know that your number is prepaid. From there they will send you an authentication email and let you know the next step. 

this doesn't apply because OP has rogers number.  It only applies if he is to transfer number from koodo.

GPhil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Also,  if you have a PrePaid phone number you will be unable to transfer your number without the help of a Moderator. If this is the case just send a msg to a Moderator and let him/her know that your number is prepaid. From there they will send you an authentication email and let you know the next step. 

@Precious2

Log into your selfserve account.. go to Plan And Add Ons.. Change Phone Number and follow the instructions on screen. Make sure the PM SIM card is all working first (not just activated).. once you start porting there is no going back and your Rogers SIM card will be disabled.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

Precious2

Now I have activated the line. How do I transfer the phone number

@Precious2Yes select a new number.. and make sure your SIM card and accompanying plan all works and appear correctly in selfserve.. then port your Rogers number over.

Recovery
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Precious2 wrote:

I saw the option of transferrring during activation through the virtual assitance. is that advisable?

It's highly reccomended that you setup a NEW public mobile number first and make sure all text/call/data features work correctly, then port your previous number shortly after. Here is a helpful guide to get you started. 

Precious2

Ohh ok. in other words, you are suggesting I choose the option of "select new phone number in the step 2"?

@Precious2No, the problem with that is if anything goes wrong during the initial activation.. you are stuck without Public Mobile and potentially your Rogers account might go MIA... Problem with activation happens a lot if you search through this message board. It depends on how much risk you want to take, I won't recommend it especially during busy hours.

Oh if anything bad happens it might take the moderators up to 48 hours to help you.. so keep that in mind.

Remember keep your Rogers account active until porting is successful.

Precious2

I saw the option of transferrring during activation through the virtual assitance. is that advisable?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Precious2If you have your SIM card already.. go to activate.publicmobile.ca Activate a line with a temporary number.. when everything checks out (ie voice, texting and data) all working to your satisfcation. You can transfer your Rogers number via the selfserve account.

It sounds like an extra step but since Public Mobile's system can be finicky.. it is better to break the process into easy steps so you won't loose service unnecessarily.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.