cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited Canada-Wide Talk

fazb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I am on the $13/month subscription plan and my account shows "50 Minutes used - 0 minute left." and am unable to make calls from my phone. I have 500 Canada Wide Long Distance Left and 336 minutes of Intl (CA & US) left. So I would assume I should be able to make calls and utilize these minutes in my account, but I can't. Can you please shed some light on how I can go about fixing the issue. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

spearo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm not directly affiliated with any specific service provider or subscription plan, so I can't access your account information or make changes to your plan. However, I can provide some general steps you can take to resolve the issue you're facing:

1. **Check Your Phone Settings:** Ensure that your phone is set up correctly to make calls using your plan's minutes. Check if you have any call restrictions, airplane mode, or any other settings that might be preventing you from making calls.

2. **Restart Your Phone:** Sometimes, simply restarting your phone can resolve temporary issues. Turn it off, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on.

3. **Contact Customer Support:** Reach out to your service provider's customer support. They can access your account details and help you diagnose and resolve the issue. You can typically find the customer support number on their website or on your billing statement.

4. **Review Your Plan:** Double-check your plan details and make sure you are indeed subscribed to the plan you mentioned. Sometimes, there could be billing or subscription issues that need to be sorted out.

5. **Billing and Payment:** Ensure that your account is up to date with payments. If there are any billing issues or if your account has been suspended due to non-payment, this could be the cause of the problem.

6. **Check for Call Blocks:** Make sure you haven't accidentally blocked calls on your phone or through your service provider's settings.

7. **SIM Card and Network Issues:** Check if your SIM card is properly inserted and functioning. Also, confirm that you have a stable network connection. Sometimes, network issues can prevent calls from going through.

8. **Update Your Phone's Software:** If there are any pending software updates for your phone, install them. Outdated software can sometimes cause unexpected issues.

9. **Test with a Different Phone:** If possible, try using your SIM card in a different phone to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is with your phone or your service provider.

10. **Account Details:** Double-check your account details, especially the remaining minutes and long-distance balances. There might be an issue with how your account information is being displayed.

If none of these steps resolves your issue, your best course of action is to contact your service provider's customer support directly. They will have access to your account details and should be able to assist you in resolving the problem. Be prepared to provide them with specific information about the issue and any error messages you encounter.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

After clicking that little spinner refresh icon mentioned, see what all add-ons you have. The one by the shop add-ons button. Maybe provide a screenshot of the list. I have the same plan. But it just moves over to use any of the other add-ons.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @fazb 

I too was on that plan to try to save money. However I had 100 minutes. But I every 3 maybe 4 months I'd purchase the 500 Canada wide minutes in case I went over. It came in handy for only $5. 

The question you have to ask yourself. Is the 50 minutes still good enough for you? Is it work bumping up to the $25 unlimited calling plan? Or maybe is it worth try to purchase that 500 minute add on for $5 to see how well that works. Honestly, I'd add the $5 500 minutes to see if that helps. Good value in my opinion. 

It's weird why your 336 minutes of Intl isn't working as when I was out of my 100 minutes it started using the Intl minutes I got at Christmas. Perhaps as @softech mentioned, might be worth a reboot to see if that resolves it. Plus when you log into your account, when looking at add ons,. there's a counter clockwise arrow to refresh the stats, might want to click it to see if 336 is truly the correct number. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fazb 

the 336 International minutes might not include calling to Canada/US unless you got those from the December bonus.  But the 500 Canda wide minutes should do it

Try to reboot your phone first, then try to call with and without the 1 in front of the 10 digits number

Girlypop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try a 1 before the 10 digit phone number 

Need Help? Let's chat.