cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving country

YONG1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I'm going to leave Canada in about 25 days. How can I stop using the service? 

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@YONG1 wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks! 

@YONG1  It all depends on your plan renewal date. Public is prepaid so you pay 30 days in advance. So if you plan renews 5 days before you leave it's not worth doing anything since you have already paid for that time.

If you decide you want to suspend it then you can disable autopay.

2Capture.PNG

If you have funds in your account then best to suspend your account by declaring you phone lost and then declaring your phone found when you return.

A2.PNG

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@YONG1 

If you have enough available fund to pay your plan fee, you need to report your phone lost/stolen.  Otherwise, you plan will be renewed even your autopay is disabled.

If you do not have enough available fund to pay your plan fee, you can disable the autopay.  Your plan will not renewed with paying.

Make sure to pay and reactivate your plan within 89 days.  After 90 days, your account will be closed and your phone number will be back to the provider who gave you your number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YONG1 wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks! 

Just stop paying. Remove your payment card if there. Hopefully you don't have much of a balance in Available Funds.

Then it'll suspend. Then it'll deactivate. Done.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have autopay setup then just remove it.  You would need to make a payment before 90 days to keep your account active.

To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.