cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone saying emergency calls only...

JimmyZ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated a phone monday evening inside the store. I got the confirmation email saying that I was activated but my service was saying emergency calls only. There is no one I am able to call to solve this issue so I am writing so see what can be done to help.

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JimmyZ 
If you have an old Rogers/FIdo/Chatr GSM(2G) only phone, it will not work with PM because PM uses 3G for voice call only.  GSM(2G) only phone will not work with PM.

What phone are you using?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @JimmyZ 

Welcome to pm

Can you borrow a phone that is working on Telus network and test your sim there

If you don't know anybody with Telus or Koodo phone though can walk into a Telus or Koodo store and ask them for a loaner.

If it doesn't work on the other phones you will need to contact mods

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JimmyZ wrote:

I activated a phone monday evening inside the store. I got the confirmation email saying that I was activated but my service was saying emergency calls only. There is no one I am able to call to solve this issue so I am writing so see what can be done to help.

So the store let you out the door with a non-working phone? I seem to remember stores can call someone during THEIR activation attempts. What all transpired during that activation?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @JimmyZ ,

Is your phone locked from the previous provider? Check with them to see if it is, and have them unlock it(no charge to you).

You could also try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Is your phone unlocked?

When you put sim card in the phone does anything pop up saying "enter network unlock code"?

What is the make and model or your phone? Are you sure the phone is unlocked? If it's locked call the provider you originally got phone from and ask for the unlock code.

Need Help? Let's chat.