cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment

Robbellrose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

With other cell carriers you can request to either change your due date or ask for a payment extension for few days or a week

Can you do this with public mobile even though you have never missed a payment for 2 years?

Also what is a payment voucher? 

Cheers 

13 REPLIES 13

@Robbellrose 

If you suspend your account on or before midnight eastern on day 30 of your plan you will keep your voicemail active. You can then use another phone number ( like textnow that you can use on wifi) to call your phone # and press "*" once it connects and enter your voicemail PIN # to then access your voicemail services. Otherwise suspension can occur as early as 6am eastern if renewals are running on time to as late as noon eastern. 

Edit:

Switching to the $15 plan with your bonus add ons will allow you to start using them if you exceed the 100 outgoing minutes or the 250mb of plan data. While you will get a 10 minutes remaining in your plan text you will seamlessly start using the holiday international minutes add on. You will not get a 75% or 95% data usage warning for your plan data usage. Instead you will get these warnings at the usage mark of all of the data on your account including your bonus data add ons.

I strongly suggest you set your data warning and limiter at your plan data amount. For example I have mine usually set at 100mb (warning) and 200mb (limiter). Leaving myself the ability to reset the limiter to 250mb. At that point I incrementally reset by 100mb while using add on data. More than anything this prevents me from accidently using up a whole lot of much more expensive add on data if I get kicked off wifi for example which happened to me last weekend just when I happened to be using YouTube?!! Thankfully I saved myself from a very expensive lesson! 😀

There's about a 6 hour grace period starting at midnight where services will continue to work. Then it will stop.

This is a situation where it would be nice if customers could add (or use their balance) then move funds from one account to another.

@Robbellrose 

It will renew on midnight. I would suggest along with getting vouchers to download WhatsApp or TextNow for free calling and texting through WiFi.

If you don’t have home wifi, they are available at malls, coffee shops or local businesses. There is ShawGoWifi and #Telus too.

@Robbellrose  You don’t lose perks such as friend referrals . But if you  have limited time perks such as x3 bonus for new activations then that may be lost and revert to just the regular points received for said plan 

Robbellrose

Do you loose your points and bonus stuff when you change plans

Robbellrose

Ok thanx. Ill change it and go buy a voucher today 

HI @Robbellrose   cut off at midnight tonight.  

if you are not on $15 plan, maybe you can change it to $15 plan?

Robbellrose

My payment is due tomorrow. Unfortunately I can't pay. It was either put food on the table or pay. Do they cut you off at 11.59pm on due date or during the day or tonight at midnight? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Robbellrose 

When is your renewal? And the reason for not being able to pay on time? Worse case scenario if you suspend your account via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on day 30 of your cycle this should keep your voicemail active. You can download a voip provider app like textnow via wifi and use it for calls and texts while on wifi. You can also call your pm phone # from it and press "*" when it connects and enter your voicemail PIN # to access your voicemail services to check messages etc....you could even change your voicemail greeting to include your textnow phone # for callers to get in touch with you until you can pay and reactivate your account.

Here's more info and references on alternative methods of payment including vouchers....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Robbellrose sorry, not here

PM is prepaid provider, there is not "Late" payment here, in a good way

If it is late, you can just pay now , then it will start the 30 days from today.  So, technically, your due date for next one moved/extended as well

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Robbellrose 

Unfortunately, Public mobile does not offer extensions.  Your account will be suspended once you miss payment date.  Once you load up funds, your account will re-activate.  If account suspended more than 90 days, your account will be permanently closed.  

Payment vouchers can be purchased at in store vendors or online (usually a surcharge) and be used for payment for Public mobile services. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Robbellrose , Public Mobile is a prepaid service.  If renewal is deferred the service stops, simple as that.  The renewal cannot be change otherwise.  By the way, there is no obligation to renew on time and there are no penalties for not doing so.  Vouchers are a way to top up if use of a payment card is not feasible.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Robbellrose  No it’s prepaid so every 30 day cycle it it unless u change plan immediately 

Need Help? Let's chat.