cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Activation Due To Not Receiving SIM Card

meikaik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried messaging the mods 2 weeks ago but still have not received a reply.. I purchased a SIM card 2 weeks before the promo period ended but never received it, thus as advised I ordered another sim card a couple days after the promo ended. I tried signing up and registering my SIM card, but was not able to register it as it said there was a credit card issue. However, my credit card/s work on other online websites! I would like to ask for a moderator's help for signing up my SIM card with the promo plan and porting my Koodo number over. Thanks.

26 REPLIES 26

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Awesome 🙂

meikaik

Cheers! Everything is working well. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @meikaik

Can you please reboot your phone? everything has completed 🙂 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

meikaik

Nope, its Koodo postpaid.

Rockdaddy22
Is this Koodo prepaid? If not, you could do the port yourself.

meikaik

@Shazia_K, just PMed you the info, thank you for your quick response.

meikaik

Great, it worked without the dashes in the address!! I will PM you with the info in 30 seconds. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @meikaik

Please make sure to use the exact same mailing address as it would appear on your cc statement, please do not use any coma or apartment #. 

Lastly, if it still does not work then please alternatively use a voucher for now. 

thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

meikaik

Hi @Shazia_K, thank you for the prompt reply. Unfortunately I am unable to activate my SIM card as it says I have a problem with my debit/credit card. The 2 cards I used are working in every major establishment and at online stores. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @meikaik

I'm sorry for the delay in responding back to you as you might already know we are currently receiving a higher volume of requests than our usual.

Can you go ahead and activate a SIM card by following the normal procedure, please pick a temporary number and choose the 90 days plan for $120.

Once this is done send me a message with your Public Mobile sim card #, Koodo #, and Koodo account # so I can take care of the transfer for you and I will also switch the plan for you. 

Thanks,

Shazia

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K if you have a chance to help this person give PM their money 🤑 that'd be great. He needs a sign up and port all at once, if you have time for that.

meikaik

Yes I have, but even then, I would need a mod to help me change my plan. I would not want to pay for a voucher and not use it as it seems the moderators are not replying to my thread..

Rockdaddy22
Have you considered using a voucher?

Rockdaddy22
Hopefully we can get this all fixed in the morning.

meikaik

@Saray_O @Jeremy_M Moderators, I want to give my money to Public Mobile ASAP but its been almost 1.5 weeks without a reply. Can I please get help here? Thanks.

meikaik

@Jeremy_M hoping to hear from a mod soon..

Good advice everyone, I hope @meikaik they can resolve your issue relatively quickly! Hope to be soon welcoming you to PM

meikaik

Yep got it, thanks!

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

ok..

then just send a private message to a moderator asking them to help you with the setup....

cheers

meikaik

Thanks for the reply. I checked my CIBC page but nothing went through. I have sufficient funds and have been able to use my VISA Credit/Debit on other website and at stores with no problem.  Everything has been typed correctly..

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

cibc visa and visa debit should be working.. i used them too..unless you entered some info wrong...but: maybe you caught the PM payment bug...i would not try multiple times as many people reported, that, although they got the error message of card not accepted, that they card was actually charged... 1 guy said he tried it about 8 times just to find out, that his card was actually charged 8 times 134.00 ..

so just hang in there until a moderator can look into it..

you should send one a private message...

cheers

meikaik

I've tried it with both CIBC Visa Debit and CIBC Visa Credit..

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You're going to have to wait tomorrow morning, though, as the mods have been done for the night.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@meikaik  what cards did you use.  I had some issues with AMEX and VIsa Debit but used a different card.  If you are able to get it activated when you go to pick your plan you will need to choose

90 day plan

Province Wide Calling

Global texting

6 GB data (Promo is 12 but you need to select 6 to get the $120 pricing)

You will then need to PM a mod and give them your original sim order number and explain what happened and they should be able to switch your 6gb to 12 for you

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

meikaik

Thank you! I'd just like to get up and running as soon as possible.

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'll tag a moderator for you. @Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.