cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Dropped Calls

elle-so
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have switched over to PM from Rogers for about a month now, and I have experienced that my calls drop very frequently. I have no problems in these places when I was with Rogers. A few minutes into the call, the call ends and it says "call failure" on my phone. I am not in the basement when this happens, and it says I have full signal on my phone. Rebooting my phone did not help, so I was wondering if anyone else has this issue and how I can fix this. I use my phone in the Toronto and Hamilton (Ontario) area. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

elle-so

@daredogg I usually do not have my data turned on when I am calling and still have this issue. But I will try changing it to 3G and seeing if there is a difference. Thank you! 

elle-so

@theoc198, thank you for your response! I am using the iPhone 6, and it did not have issues when I was with other providers. I will try messaging the moderators. 

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Also, aren't the Rogers towers and Telus towers different? It's possible @elle-so that even though you have full bars, the signal is being interferred with.

Something I do is leave my phone on 3G, as it saves my battery. I am in Guelph and have been told that there's not a true LTE signal here, although I'm not sure if that's true anymore. But I have noticed that my battery lasts a lot longer on 3G then on LTE. The reason I say this, if you're having some dropped call issues elle-so, maybe try keeping your phone on 3G and only turn on LTE when you want faster data? If there is a "switching problem" with some phones, maybe keeping yours on 3G will prevent this. It may be worth a try.

theoc198
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jheili99

Being on WiFi won't make any difference to reciveing/making calls. You do not get disconnected if you're already connected to WiFi and you recieve a call.

From my expereince a phone should have no problem switching back and forth between LTE and 3G for the phone call. Roger/Bell/Telus and every other carrier world wide was doing this before they launched VoLTE without issues. 

With that said I also haven't had a single dropped call on Public Mobile. The most likely issue here in my opinion might be the phone itself. That is unless the signal level where the phone is being used is really poor. 

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

although in BC i'm with PM since 4 months with 3 lines.... never ever 1 single dropped call...PM uses the Telus LTE network, so i would assume you should have great reception...

BUT: PM uses the 3G network for voice calls..some people reported, that if they are home and are connected to their home wifi, that if a call comes in it could drop the call due to the fact that the phone will not switch fast enough from LTE back to 3G...it was mentioned that LG and Huawei phones have a problem of this kind.....so if you have wifi on at home, you may want to give it a try turning it off and see what happens... if not better he PM moderator has to refresh your network from their end...you would have to send them a private message..

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.