cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Phone Trasnfer Issue - Can't acces my account

mh911
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I seem to be stuck in a loop

I tried to transfer a landline but now I can't log into my public mobile account until I enter a code received by SMS on the landline. That's not possible. I received this message from Public Mobile. 

We’re so happy to have you with Public Mobile. All that’s left for you to do is transfer your number <***>******* over.
There’s a 2-factor authentication process involved, so you’ll just need to respond to an authentication SMS sent by your previous provider.

I can't log into my account without confirming my identity with a code received by SMS on my landline

How do I get out of this loop? 

6 REPLIES 6

@TheSterlinger wrote:

@mh911 sometimes the resend code options have to be pressed between 4-5 times before you get the option for send code to email or call.

That means you would have to wait for the 4:42 minutes to fully expire first each time. Then select resend code again.

That's not correct.  You can ask for the code again as many time as you like without needing to wait for the timer to expire.  That timer is not an amount of time that the customer needs to wait before asking for another code, but is rather instead an amount of time that the customer has to submit the code by.  A new code will be sent upon each request even if a new code is requested only a fraction of a second later.  However, it's only the most recent code that will be accepted by the EverSafe system.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mh911 sometimes the resend code options have to be pressed between 4-5 times before you get the option for send code to email or call.

That means you would have to wait for the 4:42 minutes to fully expire first each time. Then select resend code again.

Annoying and time consuming yes.

How long has it been since you ported?

HI @mh911 

click "Resend Code" there and see if email or voice call are there

mh911
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I unfortunaly don't have an option to select "didn't receive code" or "call me" on the page. the only option is enter the code or resend as shown below

mh911_0-1724780885744.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mh911 

it takes 3 to 7 days for landline port.   if you worry about previous provider sending you porting authorization text, then no worries.  there is no such process with landline porting

yes, within this time, you won't get text and you cannot login My Account.   You can try to click "Didn't receive code" and see if Send email is an option there, but I doubt it will work.  But you can pick the call you for the code and it will call your landline with the code

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mh911 

use this link to send a message to Customer Support. Give them as much acct info as you have..ie; acct number, ph number...etc..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.