cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo to Public Mobile issue

Nadia1987
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's been almost a week since I transferred my husband to a public mobile. We received a text message from koodo for confirmation regarding transferring to public mobile. And we already confirm it by replying ‘yes’. We received the welcome and confirmation from the public mobile as well but until now we can't use my husband's phone. I hope someone can help me with this situation. Thank you 

12 REPLIES 12

tanyar21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When  I did my porting, I had to contact a Support Agent to finish the porting.

Nadia1987

It's pre-paid. Thanks 

@Nadia1987 wrote:

We're done! He can't use the old koodo anymore when we checked it. All done with the activation procedure we change the number as well but still not working. I already have an account with the public mobile it shows activated and payment deducted as well. 

Did you try your SIM in another phone?

If nothing works, contact agent for assistance ASAP as you already lost a week of your service.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Indeed @computergeek541 

I'm just curious what happens if a Koodo prepaid customer requests porting here during the activation process.   

Does it trigger the typical port authorization request causing folks to 'believe' a port was in progress / completed?   Or does the PAT not occur at all?

The system won't accept the request.

Curious @Nadia1987 , was he a Koodo pre-paid or post-paid customer?  I'm guessing post-paid.

Nadia1987

We're done! He can't use the old koodo anymore when we checked it. All done with the activation procedure we change the number as well but still not working. I already have an account with the public mobile it shows activated and payment deducted as well. 

Indeed @computergeek541 

I'm just curious what happens if a Koodo prepaid customer requests porting here during the activation process.   

Does it trigger the typical port authorization request causing folks to 'believe' a port was in progress / completed?   Or does the PAT not occur at all?

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Nadia1987 

Can you still log into your Koodo account - is it active?

If you were looking to transfer an existing number from Koodo Prepaid, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

In this case, the number porting from Koodo has already been completed as Koodo has already asked for and received confirmation that the customer wishes to port to Public Mobile.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Nadia1987 

Can you still log into your Koodo account - is it active?

If you were looking to transfer an existing number from Koodo Prepaid, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

Nadia1987

Yes, we did! My husband got a new phone. 

@Nadia1987 wrote:

It's been almost a week since I transferred my husband to a public mobile. We received a text message from koodo for confirmation regarding transferring to public mobile. And we already confirm it by replying ‘yes’. We received the welcome and confirmation from the public mobile as well but until now we can't use my husband's phone. I hope someone can me with this situation. Thank you 

This sounds to be a Public Mobile account setup/service provisioning issue. For that type of issue,  at ticket will need to be opened to ask for the help of a customer support agent.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Nadia1987 

Have you tried rebooting, resetting network settings, reinstalling SIM card?

Try his sim in your unlocked phone…does it work?

Need Help? Let's chat.