cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo switch question

Jewelsruss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, so I'm paid up till June with my public mobile 3 month plan. If I switch to the Koodo 6 gig offer what happens to my money that I spent with public mobile?

15 REPLIES 15

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @ray_johannsson,

You can also try calling Koodo and ask for the bill credit for the amount of $$ unused with your current PM plan.  I know people did that during the last round of migrations to Koodo.  

ray_johannsson

I'm in this situation now too. 😞

Did PM give you a refund for unused services?

uncle6liu

Thank you I have messaged a mod. 

@uncle6liu, is your PM phone active right now?  It is true your Koodo SIM arrives active but if it was an online order and you are waiting for your SIM your phone number hasn't been ported from PM and your PM account is still active until then.  My SIM arrived from koodo active but it was assigned a temporary number and I had to port the number I wanted into that account before it closed the other account.  If you close your PM account or do not pay for it then you won't be able to port your number as your account must be active to move your number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@uncle6liu, When was your Public Mobile account renewed?  If Koodo transfered your number out (from Public Mobile to Koodo), your Public mobile account would have been closed immediately.  If your phone number was not transfered on the spot, then your PM account would remain open/active until the transfer.  If your plan renewal date was during this time, then it is normal to be charged.

That said, you could ask the moderators to look into this, especially if you were somehow charged after the transfer.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.  Explain your situation and see what they can do.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

antonio106

It took a CCTS complaint, but they credited me for two of the three months I lost out on, but insisted on the first month because it was ten days into the 90 day contract. I wasn't prepared to fight it any further. 

uncle6liu

I need a refund, will not pay an extra 3 months for PM doesn't make sense.

uncle6liu

Hello,

I just switched to Koodo this weekend, they told me I don't need to do anything to my Public mobile account but you guys still charged me... how do I get my money back since I already paid Koodo and my account will be active when I get the new SIM card?

Sam Liu

@Ropenwrote:

My partner and I both signed up for public mobile the same date.  We share the same household address.  Why did he receive a text promocode (GOKOODO406GB), from you to switch to Koodo and I did not?!  I would like to also take advanage of this promotion.

The deadline for the promotion is March 15th.  I WANT THE SAME TREATMENT AND PROMOTIONAL OFFER.

Ropen Wartan

pr 

If you go to koodomobile.com , you can check to see if your line is eligible. In the Shop section, add a sim card to your order and enter the plan promo code.  You'll be prompted to insert a validation code which is just your Public Mobile phone number.  If you and the other person are both on the Fall Promo 2016 plan, it will accept your phone number and proceed with an order.  Receiving a text message is not a requirement to take advantage of this offer.  Koodo simply sent a text message out to all Fall Promo 2016 plan owners (unless they are opted out of marketing messages).  Your subcription to the same plan at Public is what makes you eligible.

Some stores may ask to see the text message.  If that's the case, explain that you don't have it but ask them to manually check your eligibility.  If the store won't do that, just proceed to place an order online instead.

If you're on a different price plan at Public Mobile than your household member, that is why you were never sent the text message.  There are ways to still get the plan, but it's not guaranteed to work. In theory, you could use the same validation code multiple times to order more than one of these Koodo $40 6GB plans.  I'm sure that some people have gotten away with that.  However, some people are reporting that they're receiving unactivated sim cards in the mail and that customer service is refusing to activate the plan and service unless the Public Mobile phone number is ported in.

antonio106

This was not made clear to me when I made the switch. I switched to Koodo when I got the offer by text. I assumed the $100 was to compensate for the fact that the monthly plan they're switching me over to is more expensive (it is). This could have been made far more clear in advance of switching, in which case I would not have done it.

I filed a CCTS complaint, they've asked me to try and resolve the matter with PM by phone first. Their phone number no longer recognizes my number as it's been ported to Koodo, so I'm not sure how else they would like me to resolve my complaint. Should I just PM one of the mods on this forum, or...?

If anyone has gone through this process already, would appreciate some help.

mimmo

@Ropen did you try going to the koodo website adding a sim and plan  to cart then going to the cart and entering the promo code with the number in question (as verification code)?  That is the ultimate test to check

Ropen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My partner and I both signed up for public mobile the same date.  We share the same household address.  Why did he receive a text promocode (GOKOODO406GB), from you to switch to Koodo and I did not?!  I would like to also take advanage of this promotion.

The deadline for the promotion is March 15th.  I WANT THE SAME TREATMENT AND PROMOTIONAL OFFER.

Ropen Wartan

pr 

imm1304

Hey @Jewelsruss,

The $100 bill credit is meant to cover for the remaining days left in your plan at PM.

Anything over $100 is your loss.  

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Jewelsruss PM is prepaid so if you switch before the end of your billing cycle, you remaining funds cannot be refunded. 

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jewelsrusswrote:

Hey, so I'm paid up till June with my public mobile 3 month plan. If I switch to the Koodo 6 gig offer what happens to my money that I spent with public mobile?

You just increased someone's bonus at Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.