cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo Prepaid Plans

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I see now that Koodo Prepaid has matching plans to all of Public's plans and a few others with "4G" capped speeds. I'm curious as to what people see as the differences between or why Telus is overlapping. (Postpaid plans overlap pretty significantly between Telus and Koodo as well)

For Koodo Prepaid and Public, I see the rewards system(s) at Public being the big differentiator. VoLTE is not available for either. Anything else?

7 REPLIES 7

Yeah it would be nice if they can clarify and be a little more transparent 

HI @umnikke8   it is something to do with CRTC requirement.  When Telus bought PM in the beginning, they cannot just fold it (for competition).   

Also, Rogers and Bell are all doing this format.  

@umnikke8 wrote:

I'm confused as to what Telus is trying to do. Having 3 brands is already hard to justify, you need to differentiate them significantly.

Well, explain why Lablaw has so many different grocery stores under different name? They all sell bread, milk and junk food.

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm confused as to what Telus is trying to do. Having 3 brands is already hard to justify, you need to differentiate them significantly. That was working for a while, over time a bunch of that differentiation has evaporated. But now they have basically full overlap between Public and Koodo and also between Telus and Koodo. Are they planning to drop to 2 brands? There was also that weirdness where Public members were getting notifications branded Koodo. That could just be backend modernization or maybe it is fore shadowing.

HI @zaptor99  Maybe Kooblic Mobile or Puboo Mobile coming soon?  LoL

I see it the other way.  The article said Public Mobile will be fully online after July 24.  So PM clearly still exist after July 24.  But it didn't mention the fate of Koodo prepaid after July 24.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The Koodo $15 plan is not unlimited incoming like here. The add-ons are much more expensive. And yes no rewards/points other than a basic one-time referral. Adding: I'll give them the rollover roaming though rather than 10 days.

zaptor99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This article from yesterday makes it look like Public Mobile is merging into Koodo Prepaid.  The article is not very clear.  https://mobilesyrup.com/2022/05/04/public-mobile-100-ercent-online-only/

Need Help? Let's chat.