cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo Port In.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have one line with Koodo Pre-Paid that has been covered by Friend Referral credit for a few months however now all those Account Funds are used up and I don't have anyone coming to switch to Koodo since Public's Plans are way better and everyone comes here instead of Koodo... the renewal date will be in a few days using the rest of my credit so I have about 30 days to decide what and how to go about bringing that Koodo Pre-Paid Number over to a Public Mobile Account. I'd rather bring the number over to Public Mobile and pay $15 for it here than $15 with Koodo monthly, also if i bring it to Public Mobile I can get a Free referral from it, and build referrals on it to make it free permanently unlike Koodo's terrible Friend Referral System where it's not like that.

I have a really good number I don't want to lose with Koodo otherwise I would just let it go, I don't believe it is eligible for Port since it's a Koodo Prepaid number being brought to Public Mobile..

Porting from Koodo Post-Paid/Monthly to Public Mobile works just fine without the need of help from the CSA or Porting Department(i know from experience.), but the Pre-Paid to Pre-Paid Koodo to Public never seems to be eligible for Port without assistance i assume?

Will Customer support be able to bring it in for me from my Koodo PrePaid account if I create a new Public Account for it to be brought into with a temporary New Public Number? 

Or should I Port it from Koodo to Lucky, and than from Lucky to Public in order to make the number eligible to Port in here?

What everyone's best recommendation? 🤔

8 REPLIES 8

Priority

Thanks!! 🙌

Community_QA_
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Priority 

Koodo prepaid port in is fast and easy.  Converted my friend quickly before with support involved. No trouble

Priority

True enough, maybe since it Is my own line I should just have CSA do it and use the experience as knowledge for the next Koodo Pre-Paid Referral I bring here.. than I will know the drill going forward. 

Thanks for giving me the confidence, I'll have CSA do it come the time my Koodo line is close to Expiry. 

@Priority 

no , actually it is a very safe porting.  To be honest, since the number is within the same Telus system, there is really no "porting" involved and hence they can just move it form Koodo prepaid to PM

Try it once.  You need to have the experience to help your future friends  who might be from Koodo Prepaid.  You cannot tell your friends to move to Lucky first and come back PM after  🙂

Priority

I kind of figured that's how it would have to be done but I wasn't sure since I've only ported Koodo Post-Paid to Public before, never Pre-Paid. 

Since I'm going to be paying $15/Monthly at Public for this line anyway, I'll just Port it from Koodo to Lucky and put it on a one month $15 Plan from Lucky, after 28 days or so I'll port it back here to Public Mobile so it's Eligable for Port and able to be done by me instead of the CSA Team. 

In the back of my mind I am always worried the CSA will mess something up, so even though it's a bunch of porting around it will still be costing me the same and I'll have ease of mind knowing I did everything correctly myself, and my way. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Priority 

All Telus/Koodo number can be ported into PM, regardless of pf Prepaid or Postpaid.  With Koodo  Prepaid, you need to get a temporary new number first and open ticket with support to have them port into PM manually:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number

Transferring a Phone Number from Koodo Prepaid

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Priority 

I would recommend not waiting till the very end to switch. give yourself at least a 1 week buffer to allow for customer support to troubleshoot any issues that may arise. after the text comes in to confirm the transfer, make sure to reset the network settings and restart. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Priority ,

It depends on what’s easier for you & less hassle in the long run!

Transferring a Phone Number from Koodo Prepaid

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.