cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kodoo sent me an offer to switch to its plan with $180 credits

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello, I got a message from kodoo that it offered me $180 credit as well as a 8GB plan. Is it a good deal? I just don't need such large data plan, otherwise it is very attractive.

5 REPLIES 5

It is a great deal

The drawback as many mention is that you would probably be paying more per month after the first year

hocuspocus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wouldn't move to Koodo if you do not think you would use consume the 8GB of data at a higher cost.  It may be tempting to take it but you will save alot more if you stay with Public Mobile and only move IF you really need to.  There will always be deals.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Zhuoyu

It is a hot deal.  Some people would love to get this offer.  

On RFD, there is a long discussion:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-35-5gb-40-8gb-public-mobile-migration-plus-180-bill-credit-221...

But, if you are not going to use that amount of data and are going to spend more with Koodo, it might not be worth it.

With the  $180 credit, It just adds to the value.  You can also get some hardware deals instore.  

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Zhuoyu wrote:

Hello, I got a message from kodoo that it offered me $180 credit as well as a 8GB plan. Is it a good deal? I just don't need such large data plan, otherwise it is very attractive.

It could temporarily be if you used that much data but keep in mind that $180 will eventually run out and public mobile gives you a $1 per 30 day credit for each year you stay with them up to $5.

Telus has a cheap company under them called koodo, and an even cheaper one called public mobile. The only reason they want you to move over is to take your money.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Zhuoyu wrote:

Its not a good deal if you are paying for more than you can use even if its cheap

If you have 1gb data plan for $30 and you only use 500mb, getting 10gb for $31 if you don't use it, even if its the best deal in the world makes no sense. Unless you just want to be that person that goes around telling people you have 8GB and enjoy flushing $.

Need Help? Let's chat.