cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just activated a sim card, but need it changed to a different one - keep getting error message

tara9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to swap a sim card number but am getting an "oops something when wrong" - and even when I got through and chose 'email the code', I never received an email.

7 REPLIES 7

It has been years since I activated an account….

What email with verify code? Is this a reference to a “welcome to Public Mobile” type message or a reference to a text message from your current provider if you are porting over an existing phone number?

AE_Collector

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tara9 

Just to expand on what @Dunkman mentioned... Public Mobile's system has a bunch of glitches here and there, so if something (else) doesn't work wait and try a bit later.  We're always here on the forums too!

@tara9 

As mentioned above, the website is finicky, you can try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Or try a different device.  Waiting some time in between attempts might be a good idea also.  

Edit:  By the way, why do you want to change to a different SIM card, when you just activated an initial one?  Did you physically lose the activated SIM card?

tara9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Its new - but I've tried entering it a number of times now just trying to get that email with the verify code

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tara9 

Just to verify, it's a new and unused SIM card, correct?  You'll also get an error if it's an old, deactivated one (since they can't be reused).

Let us know how things go, either with the CS Agent or retrying later with Incognito.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@tara9 wrote:

Trying to swap a sim card number but am getting an "oops something when wrong" - and even when I got through and chose 'email the code', I never received an email.

If you have tried unsuccessfully too many times, the activation could be temporarily locked. Try again after an hour or so in incognito mode.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.