cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Japanese Credit Card for Auto Pay

kei
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I came to Canada from Japan and bought a Public Mobile Sim Card.

I tried to register my Japanese credit card for Auto Pay, but I could only input 6 digits as a Postal Code, though Japanese Postal Code has 7 digits.

Is it impossible to use a Japanese credit card for Auto Pay?

9 REPLIES 9

@selva1 wrote:

Connect with the moderator team and they are generally quick in responding. 

This is not a valid response.  Moderators will not have any ability to charge a Japanese credit card.  As stated by others in the forum already, on Canadian or US cards, billed to addresses in Canada or the US, Visa, MasterCard, visa debit, Amex, and various prepaid credit cards are accepted.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S.  You either purchase vouchers, Visa debit card,  or use a virtual debit card like Koho or recharge.

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Connect with the moderator team and they are generally quick in responding. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lieux wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kei wrote:

Hi,

I tried to register my Japanese credit card for Auto Pay, but I could only input 6 digits as a Postal Code, though Japanese Postal Code has 7 digits.

Canadian or American institution issued Visa, Mastercard, Amex with a billing address of Canada or US.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the same applies to Visa Debit cards (and unofficially Mastercard Debit).

Does that mean that you can't use a prepaid visa card?

You certainly can. I do. They use a trust company from around these parts. You can also use any address you like. I have used Vanilla brand. (not MyVanilla...the same company but not that version)

@Anonymous wrote:

@kei wrote:

Hi,

Canadian or American institution issued Visa, Mastercard, Amex with a billing address of Canada or US.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the same applies to Visa Debit cards (and unofficially Mastercard Debit).

Does that mean that you can't use a prepaid visa card?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kei wrote:

Hi,

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kei 

PM accepts Canadian credit card only.

In order to qualify for the autopay credit and bonus data, you can use debit VISA connected to bank account for autopay.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@kei wrote:

Hi,

You can use a debit visa card too. Some vanilla debit prepaid card?????

RossN
Mayor / Maire

sorry canadian credit card only you can use vouchers to activate though

Need Help? Let's chat.