cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jackpot conditions and holiday pause

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm trying to get a full understanding of the rules about redeeming points for public mobile's contests and winning eligibility because of the following condition because the way I'm understanding this is that holiday pausing my plan for more than 30 days before the draw is done would make the entrant ineligible to win.  I need to be certain that I won't be wasting a point for this draw since our family is planning a vacation before this draw happens and I wanted to pause my plan if everything goes accordingly.  The problem is I will be pausing my plan for about 40 days before the draw date as public mobile service will not be available for my trip.  I've copied and pasted the condition that concerns me about the jackpot entry.   I don't expect to win but thought it might be worth one point to enter.  

8. OTHEREntrants that are customers of Public Mobile at the time of entry and/or at the time of prize award must have their Public Mobile accounts in good standing (with a current account balance that is no more than 30 days past due) in order to be eligible to win the prize.

14 REPLIES 14

statusquo

I might have been reading old information but we have until the end of march and not January as I thought to enter this contest which means I can delay my decision since I will still have service for the first 2 days of march.  

statusquo

Darlicious, but I've never won even at a school raffle where I thought my odds were much better but at least I know the money goes to a good cause. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@statusquo 

Your odds are a lot better to win the iPhone than the lottery.

statusquo

I wish but I haven't had much luck with the odd lottery ticket I buy when the jackpot is high lol.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@statusquo 

Do ya feel lucky?

statusquo

Darlicious, thank you for that information and I'm also wondering if I pay up on the day of receiving any such email which is unlikely I know, if that would count although I don't think it would from reading the rules.   I have until the end of this month to decide if I want to enter this contest and might just decide to do a coin flip on the last day haha.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@statusquo 

Strangely enough there is no announcement of the winners. They email you and you have 48 hours (I think....could be 72 hours) to reply and answer the skill testing question. If you miss the deadline they draw a new entry.

statusquo

Darlicious, the dates have not been confirmed as we are still working out everyone's schedules but we are trying for early march to middle of april.

Halimacs, the contest says contact will be by email so I can receive the notification if I got lucky.

statusquo

Yes I could pay up before the draw date but as I won't be using the service was hoping not to have to make the early payment.

I can't be 100% certain, @statusquo , however I believe once the draw date has occurred, so long as your account was "active', you'd still be in the running, BUT you'd still need to be able to access the notification of being the winner, so.... if suspended you wouldn't receive the notification.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@statusquo 

What are the dates of your holiday?

statusquo

Thank you, yes the time of entry is not the problem but the draw date is the one what concerns me.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@statusquo 

So only pause your account for 29 days or more importantly ensure you reactivate on March 30th/31st. The draw date is April 1st? You will be contacted no later than 7 days after the draw date. So those 7 to 9 days you will need to have active service. Try to time your suspension or reactivation to encompass those dates.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Sounds to me, @statusquo , that at the time of ENTRY and the time of ANNOUNCEMENT of the winner, the subject account needs to be ACTIVE.

Any time outside of those time-frames wouldn't disqualify you if your account was in suspended status.

Of course, that's just one interpretation...

Need Help? Let's chat.