cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with "Future Dating" your rate plan?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you're experiencing any issues with "Future dating" your rate plan, please reply to this topic and share your experience with us.

In doing so, are awesome Community and moderators will be able to assist you 🙂

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

407 REPLIES 407

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Keep up the good work @Civic_E

Rockdaddy22

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

All these complains....No raise for the IT engineer at PM this year!

dmaginnis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan didn't change over

CURRENT PLAN
90-day pass$120 per 90 Days
This plan includes: -
- 6GB Data
- Unlimited Provincial Talk
- Unlimited International Text
- 3 Choices

Set up the system to change to NEW PLAN
90-day pass $120 per 90 Days
This plan includes: -
- Unlimited International Text
- 12GB Data
- Fall 2016 Promo

I have PM'd  @Shazia_K for resoulition 

bharris

Hi,

My plan change did not go through.

I have PM's  @Shazia_K hopefully she can change it

jesstsui
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Will do. Thanks

jesstsui
I future dated my plan to the new $120/90 day 12GB plan. Payment was today and my plan remains at the 6GB plan. I future dated it again but that change doesn't take place until February 2017. I'm hoping to have the plan changed before that and don't want to risk it not working again. Please help!

Rockdaddy22
Thank you for providing proof to @Civic_E that mods do actually manually change plans for people.

webshaun

Hi there. I agree that response is slow for PM but there is clearly a glitch that is causing this issue so they are likely quite busy. Mary_M was able to help me with my issue and it is now resolved. It took some time but it is done. Thanks Mary_M!

Just PM a Mod and they will eventually get back to you. And try to be patient.

Rockdaddy22
Lol does that mean they're not working?

Civic_E

It's 9am (EST) I don't see any MOD online yet. Slackers!

Rockdaddy22
You really don't think they have to answer to anybody? Why don't you ask them if they have an office or a supervisor? You're allowed to have that opinion but I strongly disagree. If you knew how many people they helped everyday I think your opinion would change.

Civic_E

In general i just think MODs here are lazy. I doubt they even have an office to work from and no supervisor so they don't give a F.

@Ali125, the Community does work.  Way more than most of the time.

The influx of new users and the various system glitches is causing a back log.  The Community is faster than email support, and for most users, there is no telephone support as it is the no frills approach to a cellular provider.

The Community is where you contact help.

Ali125
PM is one of the best carriers that I've been experienced, but the worst thing is that they don't have customer service which we contact to. The community is good but most of the time it doesn't solve the problem.

Rockdaddy22
Yes, it YES works because I've done it many times lol You obviously did it wrong, you set it to change the next day, so pretty much you did the same thing you did before. You need to change plan immediately not on the next renewal day. You let the system do it for you the next day. When you do it, the plan updates immediately, you don't need to wait until the next day to check. @Derekchai

Derekchai
No, it NOT works. @Rockdaddy22
I changed the plan on line one day before it expires, when I checked today which is my renew day, the plan is still THE old 6GB plan than 12GB plan.

mikefradette
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had set my plan to change to the fall promo on renewal yesterday, but when I logged in today after discovering I had no service, it said my service was suspended. So I manually changed to the fall promo and still don't have calling, texting or data. I've been with PM for over a year now and this is the first "service" issue I've had with them. I'd really like to be able to use my phone.

Rockdaddy22
@surrey what's the problem you're experiencing?

Rockdaddy22
Could all be avoided if you do the plan change yourself one day before it expires. Full proof workaround 🙂 This might help people in the future.

surrey

@Shazia_K  @Mary_M Please check your PM, I have been stuck in this never ending loop hole

Ashrafun
Same here. Already sent private message. The whole system setup they have for auto plan change is messed up. Just have to wait...

Derekchai
I have submitted a plan change request to the plan below on the next renew date which means today:
NEW PLAN 90-day pass $120 per 90 Days.
This plan includes:
- Unlimited International Text - 12GB Data
- Fall 2016 Promo
But when I checked the plan today(renew date) the plan is still the old 6GB data plan and the change order disappeared, please help me to fix this issue, Thanks in advance.

tylerp_105

No need to wait.  There is no issue with using your service.  Once you pm a mod with your PM number and what it is you need like what you wrote here they will manually change the plan in your account.

Don't stress over it if you don't see it change in a few days.   it will.   Using your service while waiting for it to get fixed does not restrict your eligibility. 

Ashrafun
Hello,
I am still on old 6gb plan after the renewal. I had my plan change to 12gb on my renewal day which is today. Checked my online account but still showing old plan. I sent a private message to @Shazia_K.

I see many of you had the same issue. Should i wait till @Shazia_K to change my plan to new one to use my services?

ellisd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Unolord,

You'll get over it after you rack up the savings. These plan changes have been a pain yes, but at least you still have service. They are trying to prioritize people that have zero service after their plan change. This happens when coming from a more expensive plan to a less expensive plan.

Hold tight everyone.

Rockdaddy22
What's the problem? Is your service interrupted?

Unolord

4 days in and no response to PMs. Sent an email earlier today.

First experience dealing with an issue with Public Mobile's has not left a postitive impression. I don't blame the Mods as I'm sure they are getting slammed but poor first impressions can take a long time to get past.

cch629

Same here, my plan also did not switch to the $120/12gb 3month on renewal. Still waiting to have it resolved.

Need Help? Let's chat.