cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls go through but only ring once about 6 seconds

Michael_Li123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I just activated this service yesterday, data works fine, I can call someone, but when some else calls me, my phone rings, but only rings once, and about 6 seconds, call will go to the voice mail, this caused me missed a lot of calls, I feel this has to do with some kind of call waiting/forwarding issues, so I cleared all kinds of call forwarding rules but still no help. My another line with Rogers on the same phone works fine, I am using iPhone 14 Pro Max. 

7 REPLIES 7

thanks @Phil_Adelphus 

@Michael_Li123 , please confirm if your Carrier Profile for Public Mobile is updated

also as a test, can you please disable (but not delete) your other Rogers esim?  Just go to Rogers esim and toggle off "Turn on this line".  And go back to Public Mobile esim and make sure it is togged on with "turn on this line" and set it as "Primary" 

Also try to Reset network settings 

@softech    iPhone 14 Pro Max

HI @Michael_Li123 

what phone do you have?

Michael_Li123

Thank you for the reply! I am on dual ESIM right now, the other one is Rogers, works normal, and wifi calling is off.

@Michael_Li123  Have you used dual sims on that phone before?  I wonder if that could be related, for example from Apple "If you don’t turn on Wi-Fi Calling for a line, any incoming phone calls on that line (including calls from emergency services) go directly to voicemail (if available from your carrier) when the other line is in use; you won’t receive missed call notifications."   I may be getting ahead of the possible causes here though, it may be something more simple than that (PM doesn't have wifi calling).

Michael_Li123

Hello thank you for the reply! Yes porting is completed, my old SIM card is SOS. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Michael_Li123 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins, did you get the text from your old provider?? you sure the port was completed?? Can you put your old provider sim card back and check if it still works. If it works, the port was not done and in fact the port is stuck 

Need Help? Let's chat.