cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with port - how to get a new number assigned?

zoiab
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

The number I requested was deactivated prior to the port. How can I get a different number assigned?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zoiab wrote:

They cannot reactive it without restarting the service and sending equipment over. I would like to get a new number assigned today since the service has not been functioning properly for a few weeks now. 

So you're abandoning it then. Ok. Change number it is. You can only port numbers from an active service.

zoiab
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They cannot reactive it without restarting the service and sending equipment over. I would like to get a new number assigned today since the service has not been functioning properly for a few weeks now. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can port with a temporary number then change your phone number in your self serve account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zoiab wrote:

Hello,

The number I requested was deactivated prior to the port. How can I get a different number assigned?

I'm interpreting a little confusion. Was the number yours from a previous provider? Would it be a problem to reactivate it and then before the end of that term to port it over to here?

You can always use the Change Number function in the self-serve though. You can do that once every 30 days.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@zoiab wrote:

Hello,

In self service you can change your number every 30 days.numberch.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.