cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Receiving OTP from Overseas

RG1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - my phone is not receiving OTP from two different companies overseas (one in UK, one in Australia). I am able to receive OTP from many other businesses overseas.

I've been with PM for over 2 years and am using a number they allocated me when I signed up.

I've spoken to the companies issuing the OTP's and they have confirmed there are no issues at their end and they can successfully deliver OTPs to other Canadian mobiles.

There are no alternative authentication methods available.

I've tried everything I've seen on the community related to this issue, but nothing has worked.

The company in Australia said that they encounter a similar issue there when phone numbers have been blocked as previously they were used for spam.

Is there a way to find out if my number has been blocked here in Canada?

Any other ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

if you can receive OTP from many companies except TWO, not PM issue. you may check if PM/number is on the list of TWO company.

OTP/OTA - try English as not everybody on this forum are born with a phone as extra limb.

Some people are not that into phone technology as they are plain users and not experts end using full terms beside acronyms will encourage them to visit Community more often and learn.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RG1234  were you ever able to receive those OTA from this place on your PM number?

OTA overseas is a hit or miss, it could be the source problem or it could be PM.  While the helpdesk of that company told you they have no issue to deliver to canadian provider, my experience a lot of  the time, they don't know and they just saying that.  It is more likely a source issue as they didn't setup the system to send to Canadian number, so the text might have never reach PM network.

However, since they said it could be related to previous issue about spam/block, try to open a ticket with PM support and see if they can find anything. 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.