cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with my service

Npatts91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For the last couple of months I have been having issues with my service. I am not receiving emails or social media messages while using my data and I have had to reset my phone but still won't work. I have to turn my wifi on to receive these messages and I have missed out on very important emails and messages because of this issue. I am paying 50$ for the 10.5gb data plan and I am unhappy with my service and I would like some help with why this is happening with your service. Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

Npatts91

I will try these options and hopefully find out what the issue is. I appreciate your advice

@Npatts91 did you try clearing cache for apps with trouble?  How about even uninstall and restall some of the apps with problem and see if it works

Another possible reason for this is that you could be using Power Save mode or Data saver mode.   On those modes,  some apps are restricted  to access internet when running in the background.   Check that 

Also, I suggest you to borrow a phone from someone and extensively use it for a week.  You can then confirm if it is a device issue or network.   

Npatts91

I am using an Android. It is a Samsung MO2S. I noticed that about 4-5 months ago is when this started occurring, and I didn't think anything of it other than the device was acting up. I would reset the phone and slowly my services would activate but I still would not receive immediate emails or Facebook messenger responses at the times they were actually sent. As it shows the time sent to me when I open it.  It is either the service, or the device that is malfunctioning. The phone is not the greatest up to date tech but that shouldn't be the issue considering the services data transfer

Npatts91

I can still access the internet. Sometimes it does not let me and says "oh no, something went wrong, try again"

Npatts91

I have a Samsung M02S and all my services were working properly a couple of months ago. It has only recently been allowing some services to work properly.

Npatts91

I do refresh my email box and that is not the case, it also effects my Facebook messenger. My signal is not weak, I always have 4 too 5 bars of service. But appreciate your feedback

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Npatts91   are you using iPhone or Android?

can you use browser with Mobile Data?  Understand email and messages not working, how about other app?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes, can you get to sites with the browser with data on? Perhaps something got changed in your APN settings.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Npatts91 Hi what type of phone do you have, does anything work at all with your data?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I find sometimes you need to manually refresh mailboxes in order to force refresh. I doubt it has something to do with the PM data service unless signal is weak and mail refresh does not do its work.

Need Help? Let's chat.