cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue connecting via eSIM

ottawalad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm am a new user. I downloaded the eSim to my IPhone (I check to make sure it was compatible), received the message from Roger to transfer wireless number to which I replied "YES", receive a confirmation from Rogers that they received my approval to transfer to another provider.  My mistake, after about 30 minutes, I left the wifi network and maybe the eSim did not load. A couple of hours later, I went back to the welcome email and retried to QR code, getting an error message that reads "Unable to Activate eSIM". I rebooted the phone, I reset the Network Setting and still no luck. FYI in my setting Network Selections, PM is not listed.

Any suggestions as to what I can do at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

6 REPLIES 6

ottawalad

Thank you hTideGnow, I did remove the sim card, restarted the iphone (for the third time) and this time it worked, I can now see Public Mobile selection and this are working A1 at this point. Since I did the same thing twice before, was it just a matter of time before the eSim download worked (I do remember seeing something about a five hour wait. Whatever, I am very appreciative of your help, thank you so much, have a great evening.!

HI @ottawalad 

it is just a esim setup issue

first, make sure Rogers physical sim card is removed.  If eSIM, make sure it is disabled (ie, toggle off "Turn off this line")

and you sure Public mobile esim is already toggle on "Turn on this line"?  

can you share a screenshot?

or if nothing works, then it is a esim setup on the system, Just need to ask  agent to refresh your account.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437     

ottawalad

Hello hTideGnow, Right, Roger's service is not working. I can't select Public Mobile as a primary as that is not part of the selection. Any else that might work?

ottawalad

Hey Handy1, thanks for the info, unfortunately I can not select PM in the sim manager as it is not an option. Is there an option to add and then select PM? Thx for any help you may provide.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ottawalad 

so, your Rogers service no longer work? wonder if it is esim problem or porting

for your eSIM, go to Settings->Cellular screen, make the Public Mobile eSIM Primary and toggle one "Turn on the line".  And best to remove Rogers physical sim card or toggle OFF Rogers esim "turn on the line"

Then reboot and Reset Network Settings and test 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ottawalad  Check the sim manager in phone settings ensure PM is enabled or set to primary and turn this line is toggled on .and reboot the device . If still no luck please submit ticket with support to help 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.