cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue activating SIM cards

Chojo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am getting my family of five to switch to Public Mobile. I succesfully activated two SIMS with the same Mastercard; however, when I tried activating the third, I got an error message stating that "Your card could not be verified at this time" and that I was not charged. 

I figured that Mastercard had put a hold on my card, so I called and found out that there were in fact no holds at all. I tried once again to activate the third SIM but got the same message. I then used a different Mastercard, and it seemed that the transaction went through. However, I got the message "Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at ...." right above a contradicting message stating "Your request has been processed. Full details are below". I then logged onto my Mastercard account, which stated I WAS indeed charged despite Public Mobile stating my account activation had failed. 

Could any employees shed light on if my account has truly been activated despite the contradicting error messages, and why my first Mastercard was being denied despite Mastercard confirming there were no holds?

I sincerely appreciate the help. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Chojo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the replies.

I should note that the third SIM is not active (using a second credit card), as I tried to log in to the account and it does not even recognize the email address even when trying to recover the account. This is frustrating, as I was charged the $126. It seems like this is happening to a number of people right now. I am going to go ahead and continue activating SIMs since the deadline is tomorrow but I dearly hope PM honors the $120 deal given that they have been charging my card despite not activating my SIMs.

anele26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I got the same screen and I'm only trying to register one phone.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Does the third SIM work?  Did you get an email with the account details and are you able to log into your self serve for the third account?

jgorman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
PM only allows to accounts per card. And you will have to contact PM for your 3rd activation like it says.
Sorry
Need Help? Let's chat.