cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any new Back to School deals coming?

samanthaburton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We are looking for a second line for our daughter and wondering if there is any new BTS deals planned or is it just what is current?

10 REPLIES 10

But....does anyone know what the one time activation fee is in the rbc offer? And is an rbc visa infinite avion card eligible?

Seeing as I have maintained 2 phone numbers but with 2 different carriers (the reasons too much to explain here). Freedom $40 unlimited data but basically the same as pm s $40 plan and a ridiculously old $35 plan with telus that I used for roaming, important calls and use during loss of signal/service from Freedom.. a frequent occurrence in my house but no data in fact I had it blocked. The switch from Freedom was a no brainer given I was gaining telus network coverage for the same price even without any promos. That meant my telus number was much less vital but I've had it for 20 years so lowering the cost of that line to keep the number and as a back up made sense. Telus' lowest plan was still $35 but offered unlimited calling so i changed my old plan to discover the agent added features I didn't need (especially on a flip phone) and bumped my bill up to $50! So after spending 90 minutes on the phone to straighten it out I asked to be put thru to the loyalty department my usual way of getting a discount. Not this time....they offered me nothing. Even though I also subscribe to Optik tv/internet thus now I am switching that phone number as well. That being said if I take advantage of the rbc offer and change SIM cards etc...as explained in previous posts I will save $86 from promos and rewards from pm but an additional $144 from changing from telus. I gain 6 gb of free data plus if I need the original 1gb of bonus on my smart phone from switching SIM cards I have a dual SIM phone I can just pop it in there to use it. I think that is a significant amount of savings over a 6 month period. There is likely another promotion in the next 6 months to take advantage of more savings.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

How do you take advantage of this promo if you are already a customer?

Almost always Promos are for new customers.  Beauty of Prepaid is you can always port out and port back in to take advantage of any Promotions. 

Yeah I realized that after I posted and then read the small print of the ad. I still have a telus number to switch but I was thinking of only using the $10 or $15 plan to keep the number active. Thx

@darlicious wrote:

You can't take a advantage of a new customer promotion unless starting a new Public Mobile account.

sunflowershine

@samanthaburtonJust find out that there is a special. You will receive $5 off for 6 months when you activate a ready-made plan of $35 or higher per cycle. Effective Aug 29 to Sep 4, 2019. You can activate online or in store. (It is listed on London Drugs flyer.) 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@samanthaburton wrote:

We are looking for a second line for our daughter and wondering if there is any new BTS deals planned or is it just what is current?

You can sign up for email 'deal alerts' on the plans page, just scroll down to the bottom of the page and input your email and give consent.  Some users have complained that they have never received any alerts, although my experience has been different because I have received a couple of the alerts. 

However, I usuallly find it's just easier to check the announcement thread instead where new promotions get posted.

sunflowershine

@samanthaburton I don't see any promotions at the moment. Check out this website from time to time. 

Need Help? Let's chat.