cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to use add-on data instead of plan data?

Selbot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 1gb of data plan and rarely use it up but I've been traveling this past month so got the 3gb add on data around July 20th to use for the rest of that cycle and into this one. My plan turned over August 5 and when I check my usage it's only using my regular plan data (I've used ~420mb so far) and I have only used about 1.38gb of my 3gb allocation on my add on(which I used last cycle), which expires in 7 days. 

Is there any way to switch to using add-on data preferentially to plan data so I can use up the extra data I paid for? Right now the only way I can see being able to use it up is if I run myself out of my regular plan in the next couple of days then burn through as much of the add on as I can before it expires on August 19... but that will be I will be out of plan data until my cycle turns over on Sept 3. So the way I see it either I don't use my 1.6gb of data add on and hope to make the rest of my data last until Sept 3 or I run myself out and either go dataless for 2 weeks or buy another add-on and have the same problem again. Any help on how to use up my add on data without using my regular plan data first?

2 REPLIES 2

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Follow @MetaMorpheusMob and @Handy1 advice. My only input here is to change plans or start being more diligent with your data usage. Use WiFi where ever you go. Use your 1GB of data more for emergencies than daily usage. This is how cell companies get you to may more for service you really don't need. Stay focused and stay diligent. Public Mobile is about saving money, not spending more of it.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Selbot  No it’s will only be used once you run out of plan data automatically 

Adding since data add ins now expire 30 days after purchase . You might want to consider the 20GB plan for $39 just make plan change for next renewal . So you don’t loose money in current cycle @Selbot 

Need Help? Let's chat.