cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limit to how much you can add to my account?

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am wondering if there is a limit now? Considering I have not been able to add any funds to my account at all. I been messing around with it in add ons by selecting like 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111 many of 1GB of data that made it error which gave me an error that said exceeded transaction limit. Select something $300 OR UNDER. 

So I thought okay makes sense they have a transaction limit for a multiude of reasons, so I was like okay. Today I decided to put $300 into my account to prepay my account for the next 6-8 months with preauthorized payment enabled to get the $2 off. It did not work.

I was only able to load the plan cost of $35 onto my account. (The $55 dollar plan with promo) is there an additional limit on how much to add to account that is not related to add ons?

10 REPLIES 10

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That is interesting. The only time that I tested any limit was when CCS used to have discounts on vouchers, but I wasn't able to buy that many.

I buy vouchers at the grocery store since I get bonus cash back on all purchases. It's not a bad gig, but I liked it better when Canadian Tire wasn't charging sales taxes on the vouchers (that stopped in January).

Hopefully there isn't a cap to bonus data add-ons.

Mine has custom! Does it show, not show, based on balance? I did not try. I have a $25 Vanilla on 3 accounts so don’t want to spend if not needed. The tax showing is nice. Only if they would develop the pages to print as seen for a receipt. 

23635708-458B-457B-AA4F-31C98FB362B0.jpeg

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I see $2 - $300. But last I checked, you couldn't do less than your plan cost if you had less balance than your plan cost. Maybe there's some weird thing going on with more than the cost too.

@brettster99   and a reminder, PM is prepaid provider and technically on refund. 

of course, you can make it look like a real mistake, like put in $1000 and tell them you meant to enter $100.  I guess with such a big amount, they will process the refund.. LoL.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

No, there is up option of a custom amount in myaccount. And it automatically shows taxes in there as well o no need to refresh. Before, I was able to top up to $100 no problem. I just do not want to test it right now. It feels like I am the only one now doing quality testing for PM XD 🤣😂😂 @softech I do not really want to test that out right now.

@dabr I am not totally sure tbh

@HALIMACS It defiantly is not my credit card since I was able before to load $100 into this account. It has to be something with the payment system PM has setup on it's website 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 wrote:

I am wondering if there is a limit now?

Perhaps.....but logically for a number of reasons don’t go overboard. 

Considering I have not been able to add any funds to my account at all. I been messing around with it in add ons by selecting like 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111 many of 1GB of data that made it error which gave me an error that said exceeded transaction limit. Select something $300 OR UNDER. 

Interesting....there is a limit then....so would have to knowingly do multiple orders. A good safe guard for some but not for otters who actually need the money for day to day living. 

So I thought okay makes sense they have a transaction limit for a multiude of reasons, so I was like okay. Today I decided to put $300 into my account to prepay my account for the next 6-8 months with preauthorized payment enabled to get the $2 off. It did not work.

So it would not accept a $300 top up either? I wonder if there are some lingering limits in the online ordering/payments from the Telus prepaid....on Telus prepaid if you balance is over ...say.... $150* they actually will automatically bring it down by assigning an add on to your account. So I wonder what happens if your PM balance does get high, like $200? I developed a glue on sheet in concert with my excel tracking program to calculate a balance to be enough to pay for 3 months (just in case I am stranded on a tropical island with some “real nice” servants)(<==oh shoot...I was day dreaming..I meant if I was in hospital or?). The amount is based on monthly plan minus guaranteed rewards dollars x 3, then any overage will cover add on purchases. None of my accounts are over $100, but with the useful freebies and $25 RAF’s it is growing. I don’t have a plan if surplus goes too high....ie what add on is most beneficial to reduce my balance. Bottom line...if you leave.....no refunds. Probably $5 500 minutes or data. 

*Not sure of the threshold, but was one of the reasons why I left Telus prepaid. 

I was only able to load the plan cost of $35 onto my account. (The $55 dollar plan with promo) is there an additional limit on how much to add to account that is not related to add ons?

Since the NEW system was rolled out I have not done any tops. And I have only done top ups online...,never 611.....never a voucher, third party or other....So on the old system there was an option to top up a custom amount besides the restrictive one for plan amount only. Is that no longer? And on old system before you did submit, if you hit a key the page would refresh and give you the total charges  with taxes listed. Is that no more as well?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@brettster99 , you tried to add $300 and you were not able to.  So, did you try $200 or $100?  Try it and let us know  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brettster99 

What is your reason why you want to add huge amount of excess fund in your account?

PM is a prepaid service. There is no refund of fund left in your account when you switch to another provider.  Adding excess fund to your account is like a contract to lock yourself to PM service relative to the amount of excess fund in your account.

I like to keep my cash in my pocket than leave it somewhere else.  Also, the main reason I select PM was and still is "no contract" to prevent me from leaving PM.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99     I'm quite sure customers have been able to add whatever amount of funds they wanted to their accounts and there was a general warning against doing so as it could mean the loss of those extra funds should the customer decide to leave for whatever reason since PM is prepaid and (normally) no refunds would be issued.

My account(s) are all on autopay, so never added any extra, except for one account (mine) which sometimes carries a balance due to accumulated rewards.

Possibly PM has made some changes with the recent updated self serve, perhaps to ward off questions about refunds left in the account?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I'm pretty sure you can add as many vouchers as you want, @brettster99 

Perhaps the credit card has a limit since those charges put PM at some risk by those who may subsequently do a chargeback.

With vouchers, once they're purchased and added, there's no going back at all.  It's like money in the bank.

Need Help? Let's chat.