cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is public mobile an experiment by the parent company Telus?

BrokenAnimator
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I been thinking, is public mobile really an experiment by their parent company Telus to see how much money they could save and what customers will tolerate by cutting all customer service and store services?

Anyone that has emailed customer service (I have 5 times now about three different issues) have all been answered by the same employee with scripted non helpful answers (which I suspect some where just automated).

i'm not trying to bash public mobile, but I honestly think this is the case. Telus uses this subsidiary as a experiment to see if they cut all the customer service, store and phone sales to see how much customers will actually tolerate before unsubscribing so they can budget to maximize profit. 

I am sure it's not this simple, but I suspect there is some truth to it as why would Telus bother to keep public mobile around?

5 REPLIES 5

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Actually I liked the idea with self serve and paying less fee.  You are getting the same coverage as Telus (since the network is the same), but paying much less from Big 3.  I am switching from Rogers, and the bill is around 50% off.

The business model can certainly benefit with some TLC.

Semi-Capital can also work. Plus, if they had a Server that was able to self-correct most common issues without too much IT Support Staff, reserving them for harder Technical issues, maybe that can go a long way

Create a Self-aware Server that can maintain itself 90% of the time, more complex sophisticated issues requiring the hands of Tech Staff in White Dr. Coats to do the more nitty gritty surgical precision's that can keep system from crashing, that can create the ultimate Self-Serve experience

Martin
Legend
Legend

Deleted by Martin.

Experiments succeed and fail everyday. I do hope that this succeeds, PM has more on the plate, and that's only the appetizer, the main course has yet to come. More options, Can make a Happy Guest, of a Awesome Carrier

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BrokenAnimator wrote:

So I been thinking, is public mobile really an experiment by their parent company Telus to see how much money they could save and what customers will tolerate by cutting all customer service and store services?

Anyone that has emailed customer service (I have 5 times now about three different issues) have all been answered by the same employee with scripted non helpful answers (which I suspect some where just automated).

i'm not trying to bash public mobile, but I honestly think this is the case. Telus uses this subsidiary as a experiment to see if they cut all the customer service, store and phone sales to see how much customers will actually tolerate before unsubscribing so they can budget to maximize profit. 

I am sure it's not this simple, but I suspect there is some truth to it as why would Telus bother to keep public mobile around?

@BrokenAnimator, you can say that it is an experiment to a certain degree, in order to have good competition, new ideas are required. In the States, a lot of MVNOs are experimenting with different plan structures, there are MVNOs like FreedomPop or Ting. I think TELUS is trying to play with new ideas like these American MVNOs.

Need Help? Let's chat.