cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for Public Mobile to reassign me a number after being gone for a few months?

Philipose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I have a Public plan, but I ported another number onto and and I am looking to retrieve the number that got de-assigned

This number was not originally on Public Mobile (it was originally a Fido Number) but it was the last carrier I had with it. I already checked with Fido and the number did not go back to them, so I am trying to figure if Public can give me a new plan with this specific number.

6 REPLIES 6

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow. That is unheard of lol.

You're lucky!

Taekgun

This is pretty much unheard of - you're extremely lucky.  Congrats.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Philipose you should go buy a lottery ticket ! 

Philipose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks to all the responses but there is good news!

Public still had my number and was able to restore it to me.

I created a new plan and then sent them a PM with the number I was hoping to retrieve. Luckily it wasn't taken so I got it back!

Thanks PM!

Taekgun

@Philipose

I can confirm that @Mana is right.  As soon as you get a new number, the old one you have goes back into the big pool of available numbers which cannot be specifically retrieved after the fact.  Sorry for the bad news but it is gone for good. Smiley Sad

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Philipose If you have already ported over another number onto the previous number then unfortunately, that previous number has gone now. 

Need Help? Let's chat.