cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it my phone or issue with roaming

bezman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in the USA right now. I got the roaming bundle which includes text and data.  Every few minutes, or when my phone is not active my LTE data is dropped.  The only way to get it working again is full on/off or switch from LTE to 3/2G and back to LTE. I am on the 3g plan in Canada but get LTE.

In Oahu now but this also happened last year in Washington state. Both cases I had been on T-Mobile.

My phone is moto 7g play.

13 REPLIES 13

Matt_V

There is a section in the plan notes about US roaming.  3G is not supported much in the US by some carriers.  In Canada on the 3G plans, our phones will show LTE because we are on LTE networks but we are limited to 3G speeds.

@Veni

I've noticed that you've repeated this in other threads.  Pease always check the accuracy of information being given to others. Customers should absolutely not be changing the APN settings to use AT&T or T-Mobile settings. The Public Mobile APN settings must be used.

Veni
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

all good

bezman

I haven't been calling or texting that much.   So can't say if those were failing at the same time as the data 

I thought we were talking about data. Are you able to call in and out? Real sms texts in and out? When you're using the data does it stay connected?

bezman

Thanks but with the issues I have had, I am still able to get data.  It is more hassle.  It could be my phone as I had the same issue last year with the same phone but different state. 

bezman

No remote beach. In the car, at Waikiki Beach,in/side the hotel.  It isn't related to Waikiki. I had same issue in Washington state last year...

There it was in the car, hotel, outside 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bezman 

If you are having intermittent issues then you may want to buy a local sim for now and contact an agent to have the US add on credited to your account.

You can contact an agent.

You will receive a response from an agent faster using the first option below, which is the preferred method.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Is this outside in a populated area? Or deep in a hotel with towers on the far side of the building or something? Or some remote beach somewhere? Do you just leave the data toggled on all the time?

bezman

Before doing the add-on roaming I read your comments on Oahu.  In all the places, even north sure I had connection.  

bezman

Yes it is enabled.

I can use the data on and off .  On top corner I see LTE, roaming but when the data drops there an x.  I also get a message that says no internet 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If it's not active then how do you know it's dropping? I was on Oahu in February. Roaming was fine. In Honolulu it would switch down to 2G for talk. Up on the upper east side I had to manually switch to 2G. Returned to Honolulu and it worked automatically again. But that's talk.

Do you know if your phone has been enabled for volte yet?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bezman  It can be hit or miss with US roaming all you can do it try different areas making sure your connected to TMobile and maybe reboot you phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.