cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Possible to switch from E-sim to another E-Sim Phone

Jattdesi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently running an E-Sim on a Google Pixel 7 but I need to Switch it onto an Esim on an iphone 13 or onto an E-Sim on a Google Pixel 7A. Am I able to do this?

8 REPLIES 8

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech wrote:

I agree that iPhone 15 is likely eSIM only in Canada too and that's was the reason why PM is moving to eSIM  now.   I am optimistic that PM will allow eSIM->eSIM and physical->eSIM shortly.  

This is rumour reporting, but we have multiple sources claiming that they will remove sim trays - at least in Europe. Ultimately we'll know in about two months.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/iphone-15-could-ditch-this-feature-in-every-country

I agree that iPhone 15 is likely eSIM only in Canada too and that's was the reason why PM is moving to eSIM  now.   I am optimistic that PM will allow eSIM->eSIM and physical->eSIM shortly.  

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Meow 

just PM.  

the eSIM system is osrt of incomplete, that's why existing customers cannot move from physcial sim to esim.  I think when we can go from phsyical to esim, those on eSIM can transfer esim to new devices as well

Yup, and while we don't have proof yet, there's good reason to assume that the iPhone 15 this fall will not have a sim tray (the US iPhone 14 didn't, and it's easy to see that Apple will push to extend that to more countries).  If so, PM will need to be able to support esim->esim transfers if they want to NOT lose customers upgrading to a new iPhone. They won't have any choice.  So yeah, very likely it's coming and will be here within a few months.  We just don't know for sure yet. 😃

HI @Meow 

just PM.  

the eSIM system is osrt of incomplete, that's why existing customers cannot move from physcial sim to esim.  I think when we can go from phsyical to esim, those on eSIM can transfer esim to new devices as well

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Jattdesi   No, if you already have an eSIM, you cannot transfer to another phone. Sorry about that

Is this advice related to PM only or eSIM is not transferrable at all from on e to another phone?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jattdesi   No, if you already have an eSIM, you cannot transfer to another phone. Sorry about that

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jattdesi  .no sorry eSIM only for new activations for now . You would need to get a physical SIM card and change like this in your my account 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1688484728576.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jattdesi  not at the moment

For now, you cannot transfer esim from one phone to another.  If you really need to do it, you will have to go back to physical sim

PM is aware of the system limitation and looking to get this fixed.  Once it is fixed, you can then move esim from one phone to another, but like a cost of $5

Need Help? Let's chat.