cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Iphone 4 ok with PM?

basicbill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My brother is thinking about moving over to PM. He has an Iphone 4.

Are there any issues that he might encounter?

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Wonderful, @basicbill!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

basicbill

Exactly the information I was hoping to find!

I think my subscription is going to be $1 cheaper pretty soon! Smiley Happy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @basicbill, thanks for your (and your brother's) interest in Public Mobile! As @Luddite mentioned, his iPhone 4 will work, but does require a bit more work than most phones to get configured.  The solution that he linked to you should work and get him up and running correctly. Newer iPhones (5 and newer), and most/all Android phones, do not have this issue.  

And as @etsat mentioned, if the phone is from Telus, it will be both compatible with Public Mobile's network (since PM uses Telus' network!), and will not reuquire unlocking. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Cellular data will not function automatically. Plus, iPhone 4 APN settings cannot be updated manually. You will need to connect to wifi, access this website, APN iPhone 4 ,with Safari, then follow the directions there.

Otherwise it's fine.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

basicbill

Thanks! I was wondering if the Telus phone would need to be unlocked. That's good news.

etsat

It should work, as the phone supports the frequencies that Public Mobile uses, according to this site. It doesn't look like the phone supports LTE, though. Also, if the phone is locked to a carrier other than Telus/Koodo, he'll have to unlock his phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.